Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sweet. I’ll mod as needed thanks for the heads up on it. Looks great man. I tried my best to get her to just use the factory sissy bar I bought. She sat on a friends RG with tour pack and wanted one

·
Registered
354 Posts
Unfortunately, that sells a lot of trunks!

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've got that same trunk on my C.D.H. and it fits my helmet without any modification. Strange
What size is your helmet. I have all 3/4 helmets, I have 3 of them and none of them would fit with out modification. A 1/2 size helmet would have fit.

·
Registered
263 Posts
lutch. That emblem on the sides of your tank is badd freakin ass. Where’s those come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
The Ruthless mount is nice and all but is to wide for the bottom contours of the box. Therefore I had to use the mounting plate that actually goes inside the box, between the box bottom and the Ruthless mount. It actually raises the box an additional 5/8”. I simply used large washers on the inside of the box instead os the mounting plate.
I think all these plastic HD boxes are pretty much the same. They all seem to have the same dimensions with differing hardware. I bought the ProPad set up and it came with their rack. After my first trip with the trunk I thought I would try it out on my VicBaggers rack. I found the rack just a little too wide for the recessed section of my trunk. The Ruthless has the same issue. My trunk did not come come with a mounting plate. I added a piece inside my trunk to make it all more solid.

This is the inside of my trunk before I added the SS plate. The four reinforced holes on the bottom line up with the slots in the ProPad rack.

This is the SS plate I added.

This plate works for what I intended, but will not help any with installing my trunk on the other racks. What type of mounting plate came with your trunk? I have seen these HD mounting plates and wondered if that was what was needed.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The plate that came with my trunk looks just like the SS one you show above. I had to put this under the trunk since the Rurhless Designs was to wide for the bottom contours of the trunk.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got the pack from Motea and rack from ruthless. I made 2 spacer blocks from pvc, cut them down to 9/16” on table saw and used them to take up the gap under the tour pack/rack. Sprayed with trim adhesive to hold them in place and set bolts in it to stay lined up for a few minutes until it set. Then I used the big metal plate inside of trunk

·
Registered
115 Posts
My ruby red metallic is coming today from vic baggers, been waiting since April, Indian finally released that paint color

·
Registered
614 Posts
Concerning the actual mount that attaches to the bike, does yours have any "play/give" to it? Like I can grab my trunk and pull up on it, and it lifts a bit off of the spools. So every bump in the road I can hear the trunk rattling behind me a bit, and it's annoying. My mount is from 2x2 cycles.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ordered mine today will see what I think. Cant do the price for the full tour pack from Indian. It's a great trunk had it on my Roadmaster.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts