Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
New Indian owner and member here. I was looking at this pack also. I have the Titanium Smoke too. Nice to see it on the bike, that sucks about the glossy finish though

·
Registered
424 Posts
I saw a guy retrofit a Victory Cross Country trunk onto a Challenger, it looked really good on it. I've never liked putting the HD trunks on anything other than a HD, but I will agree that Polaris is asking way too much for the trunks on these bikes. The Victory trunk was about $1700 and was a one piece purchase. You got the mount, the back pad, the speakers, the tail light, etc. Everything came with it, none of this piece it together nonsense. Admittedly, if I were to add a trunk to mine I would probably also go with a HD knock-off trunk because I can't see spending $3K on a freaking trunk.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I saw a guy retrofit a Victory Cross Country trunk onto a Challenger, it looked really good on it. I've never liked putting the HD trunks on anything other than a HD, but I will agree that Polaris is asking way too much for the trunks on these bikes. The Victory trunk was about $1700 and was a one piece purchase. You got the mount, the back pad, the speakers, the tail light, etc. Everything came with it, none of this piece it together nonsense. Admittedly, if I were to add a trunk to mine I would probably also go with a HD knock-off trunk because I can't see spending $3K on a freaking trunk.
Yes when I was looking at trunks I priced the Challenger trunk at about $3600.00 without speakers which I wouldn't purchase anyway. I think it is a high quality trunk but that seams like a lot of money for something I was not sure I would use all the time. (Turns out that I never take mine off though.) Also they do have sales at times and discounts so I have seen them for around $3000.00. I put my HD nock off together with inside and outside lights for less than $1400. The most expensive part was the paint and having it painted which was $660.00. If my bike were black it would have cost me less than $740.00 and that is with the Indian Tour Pack mount which was the next most expensive part. I actually like the way the slim HD tour packs look so that wasn't an issue for me. However from behind my Challenger now kind of looks like an HD. Also I had fun putting it together as a project.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just got a call from vic bagger's, they finally got my paint ruby red metallic from Indian been waiting since April, I should have it in the next couple weeks, they were nice enough to send me a black one to use while I waited

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes when I was looking at trunks I priced the Challenger trunk at about $3600.00 without speakers which I wouldn't purchase anyway. I think it is a high quality trunk but that seams like a lot of money for something I was not sure I would use all the time. (Turns out that I never take mine off though.) Also they do have sales at times and discounts so I have seen them for around $3000.00. I put my HD nock off together with inside and outside lights for less than $1400. The most expensive part was the paint and having it painted which was $660.00. If my bike were black it would have cost me less than $740.00 and that is with the Indian Tour Pack mount which was the next most expensive part. I actually like the way the slim HD tour packs look so that wasn't an issue for me. However from behind my Challenger now kind of looks like an HD. Also I had fun putting it together as a project.
I fully agree with you. It was a hard enough pill to swallow back when I added $1700 to my Cross Country for the trunk. At that time I was deciding between the Cross Country and the newly released Rushmore Road Glide. Through HD you had to buy some extra bits and pieces to allow the trunk to be quick-release, but you could also get a stripped down version with no lights/speakers to squeak it just under the Victory trunk price. As it is now on the HD site you still have to piece it together and without lights or speakers a trunk, quick release mount, and hardware for the bike comes out to $2155. Add in audio and its up to a bit over $2600, and that is still without any lighting. I guess comparatively speaking Indian isn't too far off, maybe all in all around $500 more expensive.

That being said, I barely have any use for a trunk anymore as the wife rides a Chieftain now. If I were to do a trunk set up I'd actually want a solo mount (HD does offer this) so that I have a nice big back rest and the lockable storage for our helmets or anything else. I'll be going the HD-knockoff route myself at that point, and if nobody has a base that'll work (or that I like) then maybe I'll quit being lazy and use my sissy-bar as a template to make my own. It would be good to knock the dust off of my plasma cutter and welder after all.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm thinking now Custom Dynamics needs to design an LED strip light to fit the pack. I'd love to get a smoked black 3-piece light kit from them.
I have seen someone here use two LED strips from CD on the back of their tour pack and it looked really good. I know the side marker lights they make for the pack work as run/brake/signal with minimum wiring as well.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just bought a trunk from a German company called Motea. They got it to me in Kansas City in 4 days!

I haven’t put it together yet but it seems to ne very good quality and the matte black paint is a perfect match on my Challenger! Damn thing even has black hardware on it and a mounting plate.

Reactions: Kaz

·
Registered
354 Posts
I went with the Ruthless Designs mount and he shipped it in 3-4 days as well. I think I have a total just less than $1,100 in this set up. I haven’t installed it but I have sat it on the bike and it looks great!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nothing too special. It has a nice lanyard to keep the lid from flopping over-center, and a 'carpeted' rubber padded base. It'll easily fit a couple half helmets and gloves etc. I'll try and get a pic to post later.

I'm thinking now Custom Dynamics needs to design an LED strip light to fit the pack. I'd love to get a smoked black 3-piece light kit from them.
Radiantz Motorsports makes one. Its their tour pak LED tail light #4000-23X (comes in smoke or clear)
Nothing too special. It has a nice lanyard to keep the lid from flopping over-center, and a 'carpeted' rubber padded base. It'll easily fit a couple half helmets and gloves etc. I'll try and get a pic to post later.

Radiantz Motorsports makes one already. Its called the Tour Pak LED Tail light #4000-23x. I put one on mine (2021 Challenger)..... Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Flooring Automotive design Window Its a thin bar like the ones that goes on the saddlebags.

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went with the Ruthless Designs mount and he shipped it in 3-4 days as well. I think I have a total just less than $1,100 in this set up. I haven’t installed it but I have sat it on the bike and it looks great!
Have you got any pics/or can you, with that setup mocked up on the bike? I may go same route as you

·
Registered
354 Posts
TheStig, I haven’t messed with it since I got it. I’ve been restoring a pontoon boat this past month. I did finish the boat this week, so I’ll try to get the trunk on my bike this weekend possibly and post some pics for you.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've got that same trunk on my C.D.H. and it fits my helmet without any modification. Strange

Here is the link but remember I got the copped tour pack which will not even fit a 3/4 helmet unless you modify it. Most people by the king. All you have to do is search the TCMT HD tour packs and you will see all sizes. The Razor is very thin.

[URLunfurl="true"]Amazon.com: TCMT Black Chopped Tour Pack Trunk W/Backrest Fits For Harley Davidson Touring 2014-2020 : Automotive[/URL]

·
Registered
53 Posts
TheStig, I haven’t messed with it since I got it. I’ve been restoring a pontoon boat this past month. I did finish the boat this week, so I’ll try to get the trunk on my bike this weekend possibly and post some pics for you.
I went ahead and ordered same setup. Seems like it’ll be here quick. It’ll stay black for now, and will only be on when the wife rolls with me anyways

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sorry, I did get some picks over the weekend. I just hadn’t had a chance to post them. I bought the Ruthless Designs mount but would recommend for this box. The Ruthless mount is nice and all but is to wide for the bottom contours of the box. Therefore I had to use the mounting plate that actually goes inside the box, between the box bottom and the Ruthless mount. It actually raises the box an additional 5/8”. I simply used large washers on the inside of the box instead os the mounting plate.
Like yourself, I won’t use the trunk (box) except when my wife and I travel which isn’t often. I actually hate the look of a trunk on my bikes.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Attachments

Reactions: HERK
21 - 40 of 75 Posts