Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Vic Baggers Tour Pack Friday afternoon. I got around to putting it on today. Fit, finish, and assembly all straight forward and I think it looks great. Couple gripes that are minor to me - I'm not sending it back. I paid the extra cash to have them paint it. I sent the requested VIN which they intoned would get the right color. They did caution that the color may be off a bit -

1) the color is off a bit - 'looks' darker, however that may be due to

2) the finish being glossy vs my bikes matt finish.

I would have thought they would have contacted Indian to get a sample, or even order a pint of Indian paint. Anyway, as I said, it's a nice unit/addition and I'm keeping it.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle Floor Flooring Motor vehicle Gas Picture frame Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing too special. It has a nice lanyard to keep the lid from flopping over-center, and a 'carpeted' rubber padded base. It'll easily fit a couple half helmets and gloves etc. I'll try and get a pic to post later.

I'm thinking now Custom Dynamics needs to design an LED strip light to fit the pack. I'd love to get a smoked black 3-piece light kit from them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Question......Why did Vic Baggers not match the Matte finish?
I'm unsure. I will be calling them tomorrow though to let them know... just in case someone else orders one.

·
Silver member
5,984 Posts
Well this is a nice coincidence; I was actually on Vic Baggers web site earlier today looking at these. Other than the paint not matching how's the overall build quality? Are sides and lid sturdy or a bit flimsy? Does it have a good seal when the lid is closed? I didn't notice on the website if they sell an interior liner separately to finish off the inside nicer - not sure if thats an option for these or not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well this is a nice coincidence; I was actually on Vic Baggers web site earlier today looking at these. Other than the paint not matching how's the overall build quality? Are sides and lid sturdy or a bit flimsy? Does it have a good seal when the lid is closed? I didn't notice on the website if they sell an interior liner separately to finish off the inside nicer - not sure if that's an option for these or not.
I'm very satisfied with the quality of the parts/pack. Having never seen the Indian unit I can't compare, but it is just as nice as any HD tour pack I've had/seen. It appears very sturdy. If anything I may add some metal planks internally under the base mount bolt heads. I'm thinking repeated months of my woman leaning back onto it may stress the mounts and crack the plastic (eventually)... but it's the same mount setup as my HD baggers and I'm just thinking way down the road.

Look on the second pic and you can see the rubber seal around the lip of the lid. It's pliable and I can feel it squish slightly as I close the lid to latch it. Again, well made if you ask me. Like you I did not see an option for a liner.

·
Silver member
5,984 Posts
I'm very satisfied with the quality of the parts/pack. Having never seen the Indian unit I can't compare, but it is just as nice as any HD tour pack I've had/seen. It appears very sturdy. If anything I may add some metal planks internally under the base mount bolt heads. I'm thinking repeated months of my woman leaning back onto it may stress the mounts and crack the plastic (eventually)... but it's the same mount setup as my HD baggers and I'm just thinking way down the road.

Look on the second pic and you can see the rubber seal around the lip of the lid. It's pliable and I can feel it squish slightly as I close the lid to latch it. Again, well made if you ask me. Like you I did not see an option for a liner.
Thanks! Appreciate the quick response

·
Bronze member
2,975 Posts
I’m a little confused. Why did you receive a gloss trunk for a matte bike? Did you order the wrong color or did Vic Baggers get the color wrong?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m a little confused. Why did you receive a gloss trunk for a matte bike? Did you order the wrong color or did Vic Baggers get the color wrong?
Vic Baggers. Their online form doesn't ask directly, just asks for the VIN. If I was smarter I would have written, "Okay, this bike has a matte finish, make sure the part gets that." Unfortunately I assumed (yup...) that is they asked for the VIN that they would be contacting Indian to get it perfect. Not so as we can see.

So... everyone, WRITE CLEARLY or CALL TO CONFIRM......

:cool:(y)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got one from them also, ordered in April ruby red they still didn't get the paint from Indian, so they sent me a black one to use until they get mine painted great company and mine came with a liner, very good quality

·
Registered
650 Posts
Nothing too special. It has a nice lanyard to keep the lid from flopping over-center, and a 'carpeted' rubber padded base. It'll easily fit a couple half helmets and gloves etc. I'll try and get a pic to post later.

I'm thinking now Custom Dynamics needs to design an LED strip light to fit the pack. I'd love to get a smoked black 3-piece light kit from them.
I bought an aftermarket HD Tour Pack from Amazon I got the shorter one not the Razor but the one in between. I bought my paint directly from an Indian Dealer. My paint shop could not get it or any info from Indian. The only way to get the paint is through an Indian Dealer and it costs $180.00 for a pint which included the hardener. But I got a perfect match and had my local paint guy paint it for $480.00. Custom Dynamics does make lights for the HD tour pack and they can tell you how to set them up on the Indian (wiring is a little different but very easy and everything works.) I added a smoke to the upper part of the pack and I think it looks great. Oh yeah because I got the short case I had to cut the bottom out and replace it with a flat 1/8 inch of aluminum so my 3/4 helmets would fit.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts