Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I'm pretty sure he is asking Xchopper this question.

And to answer it further, I think you need to be active duty.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Nope, don't have to be active duty, just have to have served and bring a copy of your DD214 which the Dealer must submit to Indian for the military discount.

I served in Vietnam for three tours and that was many many years ago, even though it seems like yesterday sometimes, and I got the military discount.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
833 Posts
Nope, don't have to be active duty, just have to have served and bring a copy of your DD214 which the Dealer must submit to Indian for the military discount.

I served in Vietnam for three tours and that was many many years ago, even though it seems like yesterday sometimes, and I got the military discount.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well
Thanks for your service!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
In Texas, you can have Veteran put on your drivers license. You do have to take your DD214 to the DMV to get it done but it works for proof of Veteran status and all places that offer discounts.

Semper Fi,
Z

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,094 Posts
In Texas, you can have Veteran put on your drivers license. You do have to take your DD214 to the DMV to get it done but it works for proof of Veteran status and all places that offer discounts.

Semper Fi,
Z
Same in Maryland

·
5,094 Posts
I'm pretty sure he is asking Xchopper this question.

And to answer it further, I think you need to be active duty.
The problem of using "Active Topics", you don't notice which thread the post is in :rolleyes:

·
Registered
833 Posts

Semper Fi,
Z
Alabama, too

·
5,094 Posts
I did find the answer to the original question about Xchopper accepting military discounts in another thread; it depends on if the company they are getting the part from accepts it.

Xchoppers

Reactions: Shiver

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I just showed them my my VA Card with my Service Connected Disability and that worked perfect. In fact I use the same thing at hotels, Home Depot, Lowes, restaurants, etc.
What Restaurants?

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Auto Zone, and Advanced Auto Parts too.

I don't know of any restaurants.

Most hotel/motel chains

Dobeck

Thunder Mfg

Plus most recreational marijuana stores in CO offer a 10% discount for veterans. Also another 10% early bird discount before 10 AM. Just sayin' ..........

Loews and Home Depot

SOME Indian dealers will give a 10% accessory and parts discount if you ask. Orlando does for sure. Nice store.

SOME HD stores too.

The rebate Indian allows is very nice and certainly is an incentive for many here or was an incentive to get a Chief. I wonder why HD does not do that but there profit margin on Military Sales overseas to service members is pretty thin and I guess allowing an additional 1K off ( or so ) would kill any deal.................as the pricing is a deal already. Remember that HD is entrenched overseas both directions in the PX/BX system. For years. I hope Indian is listening and will get this handled too. LOTS of guys, including myself, bought Harleys that way and had them waiting here when we came back from overseas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts