Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Founding member
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many of us are on this Forum... Provide any info you feel comfortable with. I looked to see if there was one of these threads in here already but didn't see one. So here goes:

Road name: Lucky
Ride: 2014 Chieftain (PE4CE)
Service: Army 1984-2008
Distinguishing events: Afghanistan 02'-03', Iraq '04 (Deployed as an exchange with the British Army) and Iraq '07-'08 (The Surge)
Used to ride with the CVMA (Great Group for Veterans)

I ride because I can and never forget that so many of us cannot.

Thanks for your Service!

IMG_20160904_140102905_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just curious how many of us are on this Forum... Provide any info you feel comfortable with. I looked to see if there was one of these threads in here already but didn't see one. So here goes:

Road name: Lucky
Ride: 2014 Chieftain (PE4CE)
Service: Army 1984-2008
Distinguishing events: Afghanistan 02'-03', Iraq '04 (Deployed as an exchange with the British Army) and Iraq '07-'08 (The Surge)
Used to ride with the CVMA (Great Group for Veterans)

I ride because I can and never forget that so many of us cannot.

Thanks for your Service!

View attachment 485610
US Army 11Bravo 25th Infantry

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
U.S. Army, all my permanent party was on Fort Hood. 4/9 6th Cav and 1/9 1st Cav, Army aviation. 1979-1982. Part of why I enlisted was to get GI Bill education benefits since I couldn't afford "advanced education" otherwise. Signed up via Delayed Entry Program in October of '78. Entered basic on 7/6/79, found out after I was in for over a year that the GI Bill had terminated on 12/1/1978. I completed my enlistment and got out 7/7/82 to get on with life. Found out a couple of years later that the Montgomery GI Bill had taken effect 01/01/1983 but was not retroactive to cover the period that I was in. Story of my life. It turned out pretty much OK though. :)

·
Senior member / gold
6,425 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,029 Posts
Enlisted in 1973 and did my first tour in the 82d Airborne as an Infantryman. Reenlisted for Aviation and started with UH-1's, then the UH-60's and the A/MH-6. Served tours in the 101st Airborne, 2d infantry Division, Military District of Washington, 8th Infantry Division, Task Force 160, which later evolved into the 160th Special Operations Aviation Group, then later evolved into the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, moved to the 25th Infantry Division and then returned and served in 1st Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment and then my terminal assignment in the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment as the Regiment Command Sergeant Major. I retired on 01 September 1999. Damn, almost been retired for 20 years. Road name is Pops and am a member of the CVMA.

·
Senior member / gold
6,425 Posts
Enlisted in 1973 and did my first tour in the 82d Airborne as an Infantryman. Reenlisted for Aviation and started with UH-1's, then the UH-60's and the A/MH-6. Served tours in the 101st Airborne, 2d infantry Division, Military District of Washington, 8th Infantry Division, Task Force 160, later 160th Special Operations Aviation Group, then later 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, moved to the 25th Infantry Division and then returned and served in 1st Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment and then my terminal assignment in the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment as the Regiment Command Sergeant Major. I retired on 01 September 1999. Damn, almost been retired for 20 years.
Damn! A Sergeant Major! I have more respect for you guys, than I do for any 4 star general!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,029 Posts
Damn! A Sergeant Major! I have more respect for you guys, than I do for any 4 star general!
Thank you very much. I worked hard but was lucky and I made it to CSM for two reasons, a great family and great Soldiers that always made me look good and never let me fail.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Indiana army national guard 1986-1992 1st-293rd div infantry medic. was in charge of the battalion aid station for four of my six years. did not get deployed but were very close to being deployed in first desert storm. I believe I helped to change our unit from a bunch of guys using the weekend training for weekend getaways to actual training and becoming more "war ready" ( my old unit has since been deployed many times to Iraq and Afghanistan).

·
Registered
972 Posts
U.S Army - 1989-1994
Military Police

Alabama
Germany
California (7th ID -Lightfighter)
Washington

Cold War
Desert Storm
Somalia

Ride: 2016 Scout Sixty

...over.

·
Registered
49 Posts
USAF Retired (E7) 92-12.

Missile Communications
Computer Operator
Cyberspace, Program Management

Grand Forks AFB, ND; Shaw AFB, SC; Osan AB, ROK; Ellsworth AFB, SD (Where is learned to ride); Scott AFB, IL

Al Jaber AB, Kuwait; Diego Garcia, BIOT; Al Udeid, Qatar; Bagram AB, AG

Good to be here brothers and sisters.

·
Rider
816 Posts
US Army a long time (one, maybe two moon) ago. I was in all phuking day.

My MOS was 95B20 (Kicking ass and taking names) but I understand they’ve changed it to something else now.

Thanks to all for the service and sacrifice.

MERICA!!!!

·
Rider
816 Posts
Indiana army national guard 1986-1992 1st-293rd div infantry medic. was in charge of the battalion aid station for four of my six years. did not get deployed but were very close to being deployed in first desert storm. I believe I helped to change our unit from a bunch of guys using the weekend training for weekend getaways to actual training and becoming more "war ready" ( my old unit has since been deployed many times to Iraq and Afghanistan).
Very few people that I don’t know get automatic respect from me. Medics do get it however.

Much respect to you.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Ride: 2016 Scout Sixty
Service: Army (NG) 2006-Present
Distinguishing events: Iraq (Aug 2010- Sep 2011), Kuwait/Gulf Region (Jan-Dec 2018)

I've shared numerous times on here: I started riding because my dad rides. I fell in love with it and don't ever really see myself going back to cars.

·
Registered
186 Posts
US Navy 1984-1995
Fast Attack Submarine mechanic.
What goes up has to come down. What goes down doesn't necessarily have to come back up. You guys are nuts.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts