Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2019 Chieftain Dark Horse. I am 5 feet tall. I asked the dealer to install a 3 inch lowering kit. I believe they installed the 1 inch lowering shock. I looked on amazon and there is a 1.5 inch lowering link kit. Can I install this kit on the bike with the lowering shock and will it be lowered 2.5 inches? Thanks for your input. Cheers " across the entire site

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi. I have a 2019 Chieftain Dark Horse. I am 5 feet tall. I asked the dealer to install a 3 inch lowering kit. I believe they installed the 1 inch lowering shock. I looked on amazon and there is a 1.5 inch lowering link kit. Can I install this kit on the bike with the lowering shock and will it be lowered 2.5 inches? Thanks for your input. Cheers " across the entire site
Just be aware when lowering your bike to the extreme you are subject to scraping your pipes turn in on corners and even bottom out exhaust on speedbumps in a parking lot,Have you tried ordering a custom seat to take an inch off seat height a lot of people do that also.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. We are considering having the seat shaved down and getting my riding boots elevated.

·
Bronze member
1,161 Posts
+1 to @Bonzai - I used the lowering shock for my wife's Cheiftain, I am in process of taking out lowering links on my roadmaster for the lowering shock.
Scrape pipes a lot, gives an uncomfortable pucker factor at highway speed over rough pavement in some corners

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thank you for your reply. We are considering having the seat shaved down and getting my riding boots elevated.
I owned a Yamaha v star1300 tourer before I got my roadmaster,that bike sat so low stock from the factory it was like sitting in an office seat,best comfortable ride I ever had with mustang seats,I'm 5'6" and my feet planted on the ground on that bike like I was a chopper,when I got the roadmaster itself the change in height and width also was like I went from riding a pony to a rinosaurus, I put in the lowering links,sure they drop the seat height down but the back end drops dramatically and first time out with a passenger went around a corner and dragged the pipe,needless to say that same day I put the factory links back in, I've gotten used to the way the bike rides and handles now that its become second nature. I will never again mess with suspension performance on the Indian unless its an upgrade,but if you're gonna lower that suspension keep the air pressure up in the shock to avoid bottoming out and take it cautiously around corners,hope all works out well and ride on!!!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts