Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rider
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Chrome Vance & Hines turndowns that fit 2014 and up to 2019 Vintage, Classic. They DO NOT fit hard bag Indian motorcycles such as Springfields, Chieftans and Chieftan Classics and no where close to a Challenger. I just replaced the packing in them they have been on the bike just over 2 years Chrome is great. $200.00 plus shipping. Will get more pics up
FE491CB3-9A8C-4D4A-BF81-24CD70EBC54E.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just an FYI. All the pipes that fit the models with bags are all the same (Challenger/Chieftain/Roadmaster) and I'm almost positive that the only difference with these is that they did have the bag supports. There was someone who bought a set of these and made his own bag supports then installed them on a Challenger.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just an FYI. All the pipes that fit the models with bags are all the same (Challenger/Chieftain/Roadmaster) and I'm almost positive that the only difference with these is that they did have the bag supports. There was someone who bought a set of these and made his own bag supports then installed them on a Challenger.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yes and no leather baggers like my Vintage pictured above with the mufflers I have for sale do not need or require bag supports on the body of the muffler. Hard baggers like I mentioned in the above post do. The head pipe is the same regardless of bag type ex pet the new Challenger but the hard baggers need the support these do not have them. For newly indoctrinated Indian owners I am trying to make it simple. If you have no bags or soft bags On your 111 / 116 these will work without mods to the bags or mufflers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a pair of Chrome Vance & Hines turndowns that fit 2014 and up to 2019 Vintage, Classic. They DO NOT fit hard bag Indian motorcycles such as Springfields, Chieftans and Chieftan Classics and no where close to a Challenger. I just replaced the packing in them they have been on the bike just over 2 years Chrome is great. $200.00 plus shipping. Will get more pics up View attachment 613554
Have a question, can the baffle and crime tip be separated. Looking for straight pipe noise.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have a question, can the baffle and crime tip be separated. Looking for straight pipe noise.
Technically they can be but these require the baffle as it’s generally one piece to fit the end. The packing can be removed, obviously though. There’s an Australian guy on YouTube that shows them taken apart.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Technically they can be but these require the baffle as it’s generally one piece to fit the end. The packing can be removed, obviously though. There’s an Australian guy on YouTube that shows them taken apart.
Here’s the link. He has a few

·
Rider
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, the baffle has 3 machine screws they attach the baffle flange to the end of the tips. If you want straight pipe loud remove the fiberglass wrap and the steel wool sock underneath (just slides off) and go straight baffle it’s loud as Hell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts