Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts
I like them better than any other I've heard, and the sound is what it's all about. I have the same setup you do, and have done basically the same things to it.

I would assume even with the shipping and customs and such, they probably seemed like a bargain compared to the others on the market.
There's a video on you tube modify v&h turndowns I followed instructions and wow sound even better

Yeah, the RM Classic has soft bags that end well above the pipes, so these no bracket 18533's should fit just fine. Actually all of them will fit the bike, but if you don't have hard bags you don't want that ugly bracket sitting on top of the mufflers. They're all the same where they connect to the pipes from the engine. The only difference between the models is the 18531's have a tab welded on which is needed by the models with hard bags.

I bought a set of these (18533's) for my Classic a few months back. I think they sound great--very happy with the purchase.
Whats the tab do on the hard bags? is it a spacer? I dont get it!

So let me get this straight,will the 18533 fit a springfield with hard bags or not. And what exactly do those tabs do for the hard bags? Do you really need those tabs for the hard bags? Suppose you put em on without the tabs, will they work?

tmotorguzzi - The 18533 units have no tabs on the tops. They are suitable for the soft-bagged bikes, or those bikes without bags. Hard bags actually rest on the tabs on the 18531's but are also held in place by the spools.

Whats the tab do on the hard bags? is it a spacer? I dont get it!
There are a couple of feet on the bottom of the hard bag that fit into the tabs welded on the muffler. Without them, the hard bag would not be stabilized at the bottom.

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Whats the tab do on the hard bags? is it a spacer? I dont get it![/QUOTE
For bikes with hard saddle bags, there are 2 rubber pads mounted to the bottom of the saddle bag. Those rubber pads sit directly on those chromed metal tabs on the top of the exhaust pipe. They actually help support some of the weight of the bags.

So let me get this straight,will the 18533 fit a springfield with hard bags or not. And what exactly do those tabs do for the hard bags? Do you really need those tabs for the hard bags? Suppose you put em on without the tabs, will they work?
If you are looking for a set of V&H classics for your Springfield, I may have a set for you. I put them on earlier this year. They have about 1000 miles on them. They sound good but I am probably going back to punched out stock mufflers.

If you are looking for a set of V&H classics for your Springfield, I may have a set for you. I put them on earlier this year. They have about 1000 miles on them. They sound good but I am probably going back to punched out stock mufflers.
Are they the turn down pipes or regular straight thru pipes. Are they to loud ? Is that why you’re selling?and can u send me a picture. And how much?

Are they the turn down pipes or regular straight thru pipes. Are they to loud ? Is that why you’re selling?and can u send me a picture. And how much?
They have the turn down tips. They are not loud per say but I am wanting something with baffles narrower than 2.5". I was originally going to go with the TAB 1.75" mufflers but went V&H instead. I'll take a few pics later today. How does $200 including shipping sound?

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.