Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah I'm very interested I love my longshots if they had some fishy fishy instead of the turn down I don't think I could resist. I'll opt for stage 1 if i m not happy I'll swap them post warranty

·
Registered
478 Posts
Our dealership in South Mississippi put a set on a '15 Chieftain this weekend. Got a real low, throaty sound to them. Am thinking seriously of replacing my Stage 1's when they get them for the Classic/Vintage. I'm not all that crazy about the "turn down" aspect of the pipes, kinda like the 6 shooter look on my Stage 1's. If you like fishtails, you might take a look at the Sampson's, Motorcycle Exhaust Systems for Harley Davidson, Indian, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki. They have them for the Classic, etc., but I don't think they sound as good as the V&H's, but I have only heard them on youtube. The Chieftain also had a PowerCommander installed. Don't know how much the P/C influenced it, but the engine had a definite "lope" in the idle. Sounded real good...

·
Early joiner
235 Posts
...put them on my Chieftain a couple of weeks ago...they look and sound amazing. nice rumbling sound and not obnoxiously loud!

·
Registered
478 Posts
do you know if buying aftermarket pipes voids you warranty ?
Not to my knowledge. The only way would be if Polaris could Prove the slip-on pipes caused engine damage. Now the Power Commander, that I don't know. All things considered I think I'll stay with a high-flow a/c and pipes. They flash the engine for both. Now, if somebody (Indian?) comes out with some sort of fuel map modifier designed for the Thunderstroke 111, I'd certainly take a look at it. Right now, my bike runs too good to fool with...

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have to be honest, all these pipes sound similar to the stage 1 six shooters I put on my Vintage. At idle a low rumble, at speed a throatier sound. IMO six shotters sound better than fishtails and the Bassani, V&H, Samson all sound the same. The only video I have heard and seen of pipes making a REAL loud sound was the Dirty Bird Concepts pipes he put on the custom Chieftain he featured in the video. My 2 sense.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have found the chrome on V&H to be as good as OEM and of course produce that nice motorcycle sound. However the Dirtybird met the wow sound factor but leaves the indian image folks like me out. Full skirts long lines art deco styling with that cut off look just didn't do it for me.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Dirtygss there in lies the rub. You get the WOW , loud sound, but you lose the traditional iconic look. Wish and hope we could get the best of both.

·
Registered
55 Posts
For better or worse mine for my Roadmaster shipped and are due tomorrow. Goin Dragon tomorrow. Will install after first service

·
Registered
478 Posts
Installed V&H's on my Classic last week. I really like them, but are much louder than my Stage 1's at speed. I usually always ride with ear plugs, but sometimes I forget them. With the Stage 1's it really didn't matter, but forgot them with the V&H's the other day; definitely won't do that again!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts