Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Scout Sixty, around 620 miles on it (dealer did the 500mi service). I was giving the bike a once-over after a ride today, and noticed on the front cylinder (right hand side) a small bit of oil weeping.

Has anyone else had this happen? Did it get worse? I have had a few new bikes and have never had this part of the engine weep oil with such low miles. I have only really seen this on super high mileage car engines.

See attachment:
Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Wheel

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dealer said it may just be the "shellac" they use to help place gaskets at the factory. He said it burns off when new and can look like oil. They told me to keep an eye on it and let them know if it gets worse.

I did another 100 miles since I took that photo (and wiped it off) and it looks fine.

Anyone else encounter this?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Saw something like this after the first few weeks I had my bike. It was hard to clean off whatever it was. Expected to see more but never did in over 5000 miles now.

·
Rider
805 Posts
Me too, but worse than your picture. Fixed by tightening down the three valve cover bolts on each cylinder., which were not as tight as I would have done. Hard to get at, but did the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts