Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered these before I got my Roadmaster. Big plans for intake and exhaust upgrade because, because that's what I always have done. I am content with stock. I have these new in box never opened. $500 cash and carry down here in Tennessee. Save cost and shipping. And I love my Roadmaster.

·
Early joiner
235 Posts
For anyone considering Limbuck's deal...I can personally attest to the quality and sound (very throaty and not obnoxiously loud) of the Vance and Hines slip-ons. Put them on my Chieftain myself (took about an hour and a half) and did not have to have any Power Commander or fuel management system. I love 'em.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For anyone considering Limbuck's deal...I can personally attest to the quality and sound (very throaty and not obnoxiously loud) of the Vance and Hines slip-ons. Put them on my Chieftain myself (took about an hour and a half) and did not have to have any Power Commander or fuel management system. I love 'em.
Thanks brother. I may regret this later but for now I am good, I ride very little right now but this time next year I hope and pray I am free of the job and ready to ride.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Thanks brother. I may regret this later but for now I am good, I ride very little right now but this time next year I hope and pray I am free of the job and ready to ride.
I also am on my way out too. If things go well I can retire in Aug 15 with full benefits

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is everything on the Vintage metric???- was it difficult getting the original mufflers off?? I am pretty handy but never dodid the slip on thing- Just don't want to get stuck in the middle- I am looking at the CFR slip on's for the Indian they look GREAT and sound is pretty awesome- Any help or short cuts appreciated........... BDB Apollo Beach FL

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
At Daytona indian they have three bikes with rush,Vance and Hines and cfr's. All are set up with stage one and rush (which I have on 12 heritage) are just a little too loud. The v&h are nice but not as throaty as the CFR slip ons which sounded the best with all three side by side. I have to admit I liked them but not sure it is worth 1500 installed with new stage one and computer flash. I did like the new air cleaners like S&S which look like they give you more air input and air to left heads....good luck.

·
Early joiner
235 Posts
the new ones slip on a lot easier than the old ones come off...but its not that bad...had about 7500 miles on when I installed them. You can always use a block of wood and a rubber mallet with the assistance of some WD-40. Like I said, it took me about an hour and a half and the first hour was getting the old ones off...as with all work of this kind; be patient!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered these before I got my Roadmaster. Big plans for intake and exhaust upgrade because, because that's what I always have done. I am content with stock. I have these new in box never opened. $500 cash and carry down here in Tennessee. Save cost and shipping. And I love my Roadmaster.
Ok. I am replying to my own thread. I put install on hold, then off, then on, and now off again. These are still for sale, still in unopened packaging, still in Tennessee and now for $475. I will not ship but will meet you within 50 miles or so. Save money, no shipping, no tax. Or come here and we can talk ***** stuff and have a cold drink. The season is almost upon us...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts