Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1430 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you haven't already redeemed someone else's referral code, pm the person on the top of the list for theirs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
PM the person at the top of the list to get their referral code, redeem it at the site where you got your code then ask to be put on the list to give out your referral code. So you can possibly get 3 gift cards. One from redeeming the person at the top of the list's code and 2 more from people redeeming your code.

·
Registered
24 Posts
PM the person at the top of the list to get their referral code, redeem it at the site where you got your code then ask to be put on the list to give out your referral code. So you can possibly get 3 gift cards. One from redeeming the person at the top of the list's code and 2 more from people redeeming your code.

·
Rider
946 Posts
can I be put on the list to give out my referral code?
Thanks
So, you PM'ed the 1st person on the list? You know that if you do that you will get a gift card quicker, right? See if you PM the top person and since you just bought a bike put that code in with your info on the Indian website you will get a card sent now. You are currently at the bottom of the list. Getting two cards by someone using your code is highly unlikely and your best chance of getting a gift card is to PM the top person for their code.

Unless you already used someone else's code then disregard.

·
Super Moderator
12,407 Posts
@Pale Horse re @wco56 situation — does he need to go on the list or due to his unique circumstance can/ should he do it direct? ( — we had a complaint... )

·
Registered
426 Posts
@Pale Horse re @wco56 situation — does he need to go on the list or due to his unique circumstance can/ should he do it direct? ( — we had a complaint... )
He has a spot on the list at #71. If he's soliciting to get a card direct from people, then he's jumping ahead of a whole lot of members that have been waiting for a long time (and probably won't even get a card at this point considering how late in the riding season we are at). Once it gets to his turn, he can work it out via PM with whomever is trying to use his code. Unless I'm missing something here.

·
Super Moderator
12,407 Posts
He has a spot on the list at #71. If he's soliciting to get a card direct from people, then he's jumping ahead of a whole lot of members that have been waiting for a long time (and probably won't even get a card at this point considering how late in the riding season we are at). Once it gets to his turn, he can work it out via PM with whomever is trying to use his code. Unless I'm missing something here.
Copy that. @wco56 — kabiche?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am having an issue on this referral thingy, as per my understanding, my code can be used twice by different users and I can use at-most 1 code, now I had used a code couple of months back (more than 6-8weeks), and calling the Indian Customer Care yesterday, they said that i don't have it on the file (i.e. i haven't used the right code, nor was my code used) after which I swapped a code with a local guy and the Online referral login page doesn't allow me to use his. Now, I am confused about do i even have my code used and am I yet to use someone's code for myself.

Did anyone face a similar situation?
Let me know

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am having an issue on this referral thingy, as per my understanding, my code can be used twice by different users and I can use at-most 1 code, now I had used a code couple of months back (more than 6-8weeks), and calling the Indian Customer Care yesterday, they said that i don't have it on the file (i.e. i haven't used the right code, nor was my code used) after which I swapped a code with a local guy and the Online referral login page doesn't allow me to use his. Now, I am confused about do i even have my code used and am I yet to use someone's code for myself.

Did anyone face a similar situation?
Let me know
No. Its a pretty straight forward process. When you buy a bike, you get a code. You find someone with a referral code and use it. They can't use their referral code more than 2x. You both get $250. You request to be added to the list, and you go to the bottom. When someone else buys a bike, he selects the person at the top of the list and uses their referral code (again, the referral person can't have already used their code more than 2x). If you are at the top of the list, the new buyer uses your code. You both get $250. You then go to the bottom of the list (likely does the new buyer), and you repeat the process until your code has been used twice as a referral. In other words, you can get up to three $250 gift cards. It has worked fine for me with absolutely no problems. Unless you consider the list has seemingly hit a brick wall and it hasn't moved in some time. ☹ Someone buy a bike and help make America great again!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm sure plenty of people are buying bikes out there. However, unless they join and post on this forum, the person who sees it will have zero incentive not to just give them their code instead of directing them here to snag one. Considering it's mid-October, I'm guessing that this list is mostly tapped out for the season. I'd be shocked if we see more than a handful of people come in here between now and the time the promo ends.

I was REALLY hoping to get my code used, but it looks like I'm not going to see that happen as I doubt another 28 people are going to use codes before bikes get parked for the winter in most of the US. Good thing I invested all that time into managing the list. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm sure plenty of people are buying bikes out there. However, unless they join and post on this forum, the person who sees it will have zero incentive not to just give them their code instead of directing them here to snag one. Considering it's mid-October, I'm guessing that this list is mostly tapped out for the season. I'd be shocked if we see more than a handful of people come in here between now and the time the promo ends.

I was REALLY hoping to get my code used, but it looks like I'm not going to see that happen as I doubt another 28 people are going to use codes before bikes get parked for the winter in most of the US. Good thing I invested all that time into managing the list. :D
I don't think enough people are seeing this thread. I attempt to let new purchasers know when I can but I don't usually have time to sit on this site 24/7 to find them.

1361 - 1380 of 1430 Posts