Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I am missing something but is there a way to have the USB thumb drive playback set to shuffle? Thanks, Dean E

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe I am missing something but is there a way to have the USB thumb drive playback set to shuffle? Thanks, Dean E[/QUOTE You can use your left and right arrow buttons on your radio to advance the music up and down. Almost as good as shuffling. Andrew Modesto ca.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Dang, got over 200 songs on my USB thumb drive, many artists songs grouped together, Shuffling would have been nice.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Dang, got over 200 songs on my USB thumb drive, many artists songs grouped together, Shuffling would have been nice.
How do you load songs onto a thumb drive, in lay mans terms ? Probably easy, but some of us over 50 have slower processing skills.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
If you have songs already on your computer I would think it is just a matter of plugging in the thumb drive and copying and pasting the songs in it, just like copying any file from one drive to another.

·
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like Elrod stated. But to be safe format your thumb drive to FAT 32 format first. Remember that there are only 4 formats that the system will accept. The most recognized is the MP3 and WAV. Dean E

·
Super Moderator
5,860 Posts
The Thumb drive is small and covenient, but it is just a USB port attachment - i.e., any USB accessory will plug into the port. That means you can also use a phone, iPod, iPad, or any other USB connected device that holds your music. Only issue is securing the device and the wire. Through those other devices, you can shuffle, direct list, have different playlists, etc. Just trying to help with options you have.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Yeah, guess I could copy all my mp3 music over to my LG 3 Android phone and then I could have shuffling available, it still has over 30 gigs of storage left.

·
Super Moderator
5,860 Posts
Yeah, guess I could copy all my mp3 music over to my LG 3 Android phone and then I could have shuffling available, it still has over 30 gigs of storage left.
Yup. Then you could also use the GPS navigator app on the phone - when in range of the cell tower(s).

·
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hm, no songs on my galaxy 4, not really sure how to get em on there either.
Never messed with a Galaxy 4. But most of these smart phones either let you directly transfer songs via cable or they use some sort of program from your phone service provider to give you the ability to transfer songs from your computer to the phone. This would also let you transfer and store you phone book to your computer to have as a backup. Samsung or your providers should have a website with help files to work you thru this. Dean E

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Never messed with a Galaxy 4. But most of these smart phones either let you directly transfer songs via cable or they use some sort of program from your phone service provider to give you the ability to transfer songs from your computer to the phone. This would also let you transfer and store you phone book to your computer to have as a backup. Samsung or your providers should have a website with help files to work you thru this. Dean E
Good call, probly a you tube

·
Super Moderator
5,860 Posts
Go to Google Play on your phone. Search for Desktop Syncing App(s). I use MobiSynapse for my Droid. Also download / install the App to your computer. Plug phone into computer. Will automatically sync. I am sure Samsung has an equivalent "iTunes" application for the computer to load all your music. Seach the Samsung website.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I have about 50 hours on a thumb drive which works great in MP3. If you copy from iTunes it is MP4 and doesn't not recognize anything. If you have old iPhone just use it as an iPod and plug it in and listen. If you don't like a song you can jump around on chieftain thumb controls but shuffle I think needs to be set on a device like iPhone. I find it works great when you figure it out....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts