Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a part of the chieftain or roadmaster upper fairing as pictured. Color is not important at this point. Willing to pay a reasonable price.
Just wondering if anybody is keeping chunks of the motorcycle fairing after unfortunate fender-bender incident.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
We repair these bikes all the time... I might have an otherwise destroyed fairing that we could cut a piece from for your repair.
These are ABS plastic that can be welded and reinforced without much trouble. We sometimes use a stainless steel mesh as a backer across cracks or breaks, they can often come out stronger than original.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a complete fairing I’m looking to sell on this forum. Has some slight road rash on it but otherwise in excellent condition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We repair these bikes all the time... I might have an otherwise destroyed fairing that we could cut a piece from for your repair.
These are ABS plastic that can be welded and reinforced without much trouble. We sometimes use a stainless steel mesh as a backer across cracks or breaks, they can often come out stronger than original.
I could use the underneath brackets an radio etc...

·
Registered
74 Posts
get me a list and i will look at what I have..are you looking for the metal bracket that holds the radio and windshield motor? do you need a radio too? get me a list..Thanks..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes the metal bracket holding windshield, radio, light bracket, windshield motor, brake handle, right mirror, display in fairing, inner an putter fairings lights, these r the Majority of things that I need

Thanks for the response

Richard

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might go with the original plan - glue and bond the missing piece on the bottom of the fairing. Dieselman had good suggestions and piece available so let me try that link first.

Thank you for other offers (whole fairing) for now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
get me a list and i will look at what I have..are you looking for the metal bracket that holds the radio and windshield motor? do you need a radio too? get me a list..Thanks..
Yes the metal bracket holding windshield, radio, light bracket, windshield motor, brake handle, right mirror, display in fairing, inner an putter fairings lights, these r the Majority of things that I need

Thanks for the response

Richard

·
Registered
74 Posts
just of the top of my head I know I have radio,the metal bracket it is in,are you looking for the metal bracket that the windshield blots to that bolts to the windshield motor? brake handle, mirror,display? the speedo? what year? might have lights. was yours in an accident or just trying to put one together?

·
Registered
6 Posts
just of the top of my head I know I have radio,the metal bracket it is in,are you looking for the metal bracket that the windshield blots to that bolts to the windshield motor? brake handle, mirror,display? the speedo? what year? might have lights. was yours in an accident or just trying to put one together?
Yes it was layed down whipped out pretty much the fairing parts everything else ok excepts foot pads so the radio, the bracket the radio bolts to an the window motor which again bolts to the same bracket the radio does. Mine is a 14 cheiftain but would love to modify it to a 20’ cheiftain limited fairing but haven’t seen anything that would convert existing power plug to display an speedo set up.anyway see what u can come up with I appreciate it

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the bracket a radio. when you say foot pads. do you need the whole chrome floorboard or just the pads?? do you need the outer fairing?? do you need a speedo?? How are your Bags? and your crash bar? I wish it was easy to convert over to the new touch screen. I know the VCM is different between the different speedos.. the new one will turn on the old speedo but not talk to the hand controls..well if you think of any thing else let me know.. i have built a few Indians so have a lot of parts.. Thanks...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the bracket a radio. when you say foot pads. do you need the whole chrome floorboard or just the pads?? do you need the outer fairing?? do you need a speedo?? How are your Bags? and your crash bar? I wish it was easy to convert over to the new touch screen. I know the VCM is different between the different speedos.. the new one will turn on the old speedo but not talk to the hand controls..well if you think of any thing else let me know.. i have built a few Indians so have a lot of parts.. Thanks...
i NeEd the bracket an radio for sure, what u got to have for those?? Also does ure bracket have the windshield arms on it?? I will need a exterior fairing as well as the inner fairing. definitely would need the speedo as well. Both feet pads including chrome, brake handle, right mirror, front light housing. Bags r good but intend to replace hoods of bags with speaker hoods. the arm on motor that runs that windshield is broke could use it or the complete motor as well. Let me know what ur thinking and we can arrange a transfer.thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts