Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer is delivering my Chief at noon today.........
I was riding a Victory CrossRoads with upgraded exhaust, PC5, extended bars, custom shift and brake pedals, custom floorboards etc.

I'll be looking to doing a lot of that to my Indian and am hoping this site will be a resource for modifications and upgrades (Like the VMC was for my Victorys).

The first thing I'll likely do is to drill out the stock muffler, for more sound......I see a couple of guys in Austrailia have already done it and I had done that with my CrossRoads, so I'm guessing it's the same proceedure.....

I'll let you know when the bike gets here and I have a chance to look things over.......

Any input is greatly appreciated......

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh also, I'm looking for some saddle bags.....I've looked at Osprey, Leatherworks and Classic Mfg.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey zakatak,

i'm in contact with LeDoux Leather to buy a tour bag for my chief vintage. check with them if they have custom saddle bags. just attached a photo for you to look at their product.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't drill them out, simply knock them out with a 3' heavy steel rod, take them off first of course :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great suggestions......
So far I have redone the license plate, floorboards, pulled the passenger pegs and filled the openings..........Adapted a windshield and am ordering bags.

It looks like the oil filter and the brake pads are the same as Victory, so that's handy.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
1-1/2 hole saw with extensions....took longer to set it up than to drill it out....and can do it without removing from bike

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone put a different air cleaner on a Chieftain? Looking to do that and some exhaust work. Appreciate any insight on either.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Do you think the bike needs back pressure to have the most torque? I modified the exhaust on my Stratoliner and it made less power plus I had to add a fuel processor. After it was all said and done it had more power but the fuel MPG went way down. I would like to know what the outcome is after you gut the muffler, Thanks,

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wouldn't the cats retain the needed back-pressure. I too came of a Victory Cross Roads and I decored the exhaust and it made the most power that way. Also had Lloydz cam, PC-V, timing wheel, and Lloydz air filter bike made 114hp/120tq. I got my Chieftain 1 week ago and the dealer put Lloydz slip-ons on and they sound great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts