Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to check if this is normal. I just had my new base model in for its 500 mile service and navigation upgrade. Dealership calls to tell me it's ready, and when I pick it up they give me a card with the code and tell me to download and install the maps when I get home. Seriously? I assumed they would do that for me.

And then on top of that they didn't wash my bike either. Every Harley shop I've used has washed my bike after a service so I was surprised that Indian didn't.

·
5 years +
152 Posts
It takes along time to download the map from Indian to the thumb drive and then to download to the bike. This ties up the Tech's laptop or someone else's computer. The local dealer had an owner wanting the dealer to do the install and was well aware of the cost to do it. 3 hr labor charge and he was fine with that. Learn how to do the downloads and Ride Command updates yourself you'll be doing this for all future updates.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already done one Ride Command update on my own before this, I was just surprised that I was expected to finish the job. I paid $500+ for the upgrade; it seems to me that should cover everything.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Rt now I'm kinda glad that I got a Garmin Zumo xt. It is a wonderful GPS for many reasons but I get free map updates for life. I can do it through wifi if I want to so it really does not tie up my time unless I want to use my computer.

·
Bronze member
2,544 Posts
Just want to check if this is normal. I just had my new base model in for its 500 mile service and navigation upgrade. Dealership calls to tell me it's ready, and when I pick it up they give me a card with the code and tell me to download and install the maps when I get home. Seriously? I assumed they would do that for me.

And then on top of that they didn't wash my bike either. Every Harley shop I've used has washed my bike after a service so I was surprised that Indian didn't.
I’d be more upset if they washed my bike. I never let the HD dealer wash my bike...some 18 yr. old kid using the same dirty wash water all day, dropping his wash mitt on the ground, then using it again. No thanks. But, maybe I’m more picky than some.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Indian dealers don’t wash bikes that I can tell. And yes, most Harley’s do.
I agree the upgrade should have been complete, I would ***** to the next level.
I don’t do my own updates, if it locks up like they sometimes do, will it run to get to the dealer? For the updates I’ve done, the charge was a partial hours labor, well worth it due to the possible problems in my book.

·
Bronze member
3,342 Posts
The upgrade IMO should be complete... computers are cheap and if they have to have a dedicated one just for that so be it... I don't like them washing my bike either... but what gets me pissed is when they change a tire (especially the back) when you have the dam thing off clean it... it's a PITA to clean the back tire while mounted on the bike... take the extra step and show you are a premium dealer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts