Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and found a seven month-old thread on the same topic (which no one had ideas on), but wondered if anything has changed. I would like to install a signature Indian Vintage-type fender on the front tire of my new Challenger, but the fork mounting hardware does not appear to line up. Also, I don't know if it would align with the brake calipers and other pieces. Does anyone know of any viable option that has arisen recently? Is there going to be a "Classic" style Challenger in the near future?

·
Bronze member
2,632 Posts
As to a classic styled Challenger, I’d definitely say no. Based on the direction of IM styling, it wouldn’t surprise me to see the valanced fender dropped altogether in model year ‘21 (it may be available as an accessory). The Challenger is designed, styled, and equipped as a modern bagger, so a throwback fender doesn’t fit the theme of the bike, IMO.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,094 Posts
Not likely for reasons stated above. The Classics are becoming more of a niche market for Indian.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
IMHO, the styling would be a miss match.

Like White gym socks with dress shoes.

The challenger has Sharp lines, the classic fender valance is rounded and has soft lines..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts