Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
To be fair they haven't as far as I know ever promised android auto, they didn't promise apple either but they updated their SW for support of it. I'm sure at some point they will but a lack of transparency and visibility into their product roadmap is just poor customer service.

As for the erratic throttle. I agree again its not acceptable and clearly the dealer network isn't helping us as consumers with getting that issue and other issues resolved. Dealers for the most part are looking out for themselves. This IM group as well as others on FB etc. as owners probably have the largest voice that we could collectively try to address as a single voice to Indian corporate. There are also press and publication avenues to go down. Many other ownership groups for other manufacturers or autos have had great success in collectively forcing problems down the manufacturers throats to address. Its surprising how companies react when issues become public and mainstream. Again the dealers aren't going to do jack for us on this issue other than try to fix it unsuccessfully and charge back to Polaris.

two additional avenues to go down.....

NHTSA reporting, if we all did it they would probably take up an investigation

A class action (and Imp not a fan of these) is another route, if Lloydz and DT are advertising and making money to address and fix Indian issues why should we pay, why shouldn't we force Indian to refund us for fixing our own bikes?
Rather than a CA maybe start with Consumer complaints

I love my bike, but these aren't 5-10K machines they are $25-30K (the cost of a car), we should be getting support from the manufacturer which includes communication on issues and acknowledgement of problems they are working to address.
Just to be clear neither Lloyds or DynoJet are claiming that their tunes fix the throttle response issue. I asked DynoJet before I sent mine in and they said their customers have said it has eliminated it for them. Shortly after I posted that I sent my ECU into DynoJet, someone posted that it did not solve his throttle issue completely. He still got some jerkiness from time to time. Others have claimed that it solved their throttle response issues completely so I'm thinking there must be different levels of throttle response issues.

·
Registered
314 Posts
There could be different levels of throttle response. I met another Challenger owner that did not get an ECU flash and his bike did not have a throttle lag. So maybe there is a slight difference in how they are programming it from the factory. From my personal experience on recently getting the DJ tune my throttle lag is completely gone. Now it responds the way it should, and feels very similar to my Harley. The jerkiness is gone and bike runs smoother.. Best $500 spent on this bike so far!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe mentioned already but I didn't see it posed, but is the update for 2020 + models only? I have a 2019 and the dealership stated I could do the November update. Indian website looks to be 2020 and up. Something I'm missing??

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,555 Posts
Maybe mentioned already but I didn't see it posed, but is the update for 2020 + models only? I have a 2019 and the dealership stated I could do the November update. Indian website looks to be 2020 and up. Something I'm missing??
Yes it is. Here are four groups of Ride Command and the latest software release for each

2020 and newer Indian touring and bagger motorcycles with a factory installed 7" Ride Command Touchscreen (including Base).
Software Update November 16, 2021

Indian Chief motorcycles with a 4" Round Ride Command touchscreen.
Software Update March 19, 2021

FTR1200 motorcycles with a 4.3" Ride Command touchscreen.
Software Update March 26, 2021

2017-2019 7 Inch
2019 and earlier Indian touring and bagger motorcycles with a 7" Ride Command touchscreen (including Base).
December 2019 Update

·
Registered
364 Posts
My observations so far:
1. The speed limit display updates via the modem. It is very often wrong, thus unreliable.
2. the auto light/dark on the display does not work. At one point it turned my screen so dark I thought it had failed until the light hit it right. Then I could tell it was displaying, but so dim it could not be used.
3. If Polaris expects folks to pay for the connected services, they are going to have to do way better. A $200 Garmin does everything consistently and flawlessly.

Reactions: WIKD1

·
Registered
676 Posts
My observations so far:
1. The speed limit display updates via the modem. It is very often wrong, thus unreliable.
2. the auto light/dark on the display does not work. At one point it turned my screen so dark I thought it had failed until the light hit it right. Then I could tell it was displaying, but so dim it could not be used.
3. If Polaris expects folks to pay for the connected services, they are going to have to do way better. A $200 Garmin does everything consistently and flawlessly.
Yes I bought the base model and did not upgrade the Ride Command. Instead I purchased the new Garmin XT which was a little cheaper at the time. It is a wonderful motorcycle GPS. I had used Garmin in the past, and had about 40 routes mapped out around the country. Also I am familiar with Base Camp (the Garmin online map system) so there was some incentive for me to go this way. I would prefer to have the GPS built in but after hearing all the problems with this unit I am glad I went the way I did. Initially had an issue with the power cable on the Garmin, but after that was replaced no issues and free maps for life.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Limited
38 Posts
Agree with fixing the toggling the left handle bar switch 2x. Much better with the upgrade. Since my speed limit isn’t showing up I will have to see if my modem is enabled. Service is good well into next year.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster 116
56 Posts
Agree with fixing the toggling the left handle bar switch 2x. Much better with the upgrade. Since my speed limit isn’t showing up I will have to see if my modem is enabled. Service is good well into next year.
How can you tell if the modem is enabled? I did the update, turned on speed limit, weather, traffic on the map overlays. I also did a map update. I took it for a ride today (first time since the update) and I saw where the speed was overlayed on the maps but no speed limit. I also saw no traffic or weather at all. This is a 2021 Roadmaster with 570 miles on it.
Also about 20 minutes into the ride I lose my speedometer, TPMI, MPG, miles to empty and heated grips controls on the Ride Command (analog speedo no problem) and the orange triangle comes up on my tach!
First problem I have encountered since the update. I get to where I was going and turned the bike off, when I restarted everything is back just fine and stayed that way all the way home.
Some sort of glitch in the update I guess. Hope it was a one time thing.
Anyway aside from the speed overlay I can tell no difference that the update did for me. Boot up was no faster as some say for them. (I thought at first it was but it isn't) Maybe my modem isn't enabled either?
Anybody know how to check it?

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Limited
38 Posts
RE: modem enabled……not certain. Someone mentioned the speed ones through it. Since mine doesn’t work (no speed limit info) I thought it was something I should look into.

haven’t been able to yet.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts