New Features Including:
November 2021

This software update includes many usability improvements, including:
  • Speed limit overlay on map screen
  • Improved boot time
  • Improved Bluetooth pairing
  • Display brightness toggle added to main settings page for convenience
  • Ongoing bug fixes and performance improvements
I see the notes but the download link hasn't been updated yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's out... (well notes are out, no download button yet)

Software Update
November 16, 2021
This software applies to model year 2020 and above Indian Motorcycles with a 7" Ride Command touchscreen.
New Features Including:
November 2021

This software update includes many usability improvements, including:
  • Speed limit overlay on map screen
  • Improved boot time
  • Improved Bluetooth pairing
  • Display brightness toggle added to main settings page for convenience
  • Ongoing bug fixes and performance improvements

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster
34 Posts
dealer told me faster bootups, speed limit overlay, improved bluetooth, faster responsiveness, better auto day/night.
These would all address issues I have noted. I wouldn't mind if they fixed the USB issue that causes modern Android devices to reboot if connected and data sharing allowed.

Reactions: sammyboy405

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster
34 Posts
Downloaded, I'm going to ask for a map update before I take time to do the software.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,555 Posts
I second @justgotabike impressions.

It definitely boots faster and the speed overlay option is on the map but I doubt I'll use it very much.

Biggest thing I noticed was better Bluetooth reception. I was out earlier today and was having issues connecting to the phone in my pocket. After loading the update I connected to the phone and played Pandora even though the phone was in the house three rooms away from the garage.

So far it gets a thumbs up from me.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster 116
56 Posts
Mine uploaded ok too. Glad they didn't drop the ball. Haven't taken it out yet but it did seem to boot up faster. Hoping the speed limit overlay works as I constantly find myself way over the limit. This 116 RM is a real good way to get a ticket ...lol

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster
34 Posts
I wonder if the speed limit overlay will give some sort of alert when you exceed limit ...I guess I will find out.
The most frequently used indication is for the speed indicated on the GPS to be in white or green when you are below the limit, and red when you exceed it. Haven't had a chance yet to check whether this upodate includes that type of function...

Reactions: Capt. Kirk

·
Registered
249 Posts
Before I switched from Android to iPhone a few months ago, I had zero BlueTooth issues. Not the case with the iPhone. Hopefully this patch resolves that issue. Since I only have the base model, not all of the updates will apply but most do and hopefully they all workout as intended.

·
Rider
'17 Springfield, '20 Chieftain
1,127 Posts
I have a '20 chieftain and I believe the RC is the same as the Challenger. So far it appears that the day / night auto dimming screen issue has been fixed. Boot up time went from 41 seconds to 28 seconds, so that's a pretty good improvement too.

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber 69 & 2021 Indian Chieftain
227 Posts
Before I switched from Android to iPhone a few months ago, I had zero BlueTooth issues. Not the case with the iPhone. Hopefully this patch resolves that issue. Since I only have the base model, not all of the updates will apply but most do and hopefully they all workout as intended.
Hope it works well for you. I too have a base. Haven't upgraded yet but my RC works pretty well honestly. I keep it in night mode all thr time as I like the black screen.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Is this also for the Base models or just the ones with Navigation? I'm also technically challenged so if I need to load this program, do I transfer to one of those stick things and plug it in the usb in the fairing? Don't kill me for not being the Geekie type.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I installed it last night. All I got to test was day/night, which seemed to work, and the volume control is now linear instead of the crazy way it was. I'm doing a long ride today.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts