Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg

Had the Scout up on my Handy for a thorough walk-around, starting to plan changes. First, let me say again how pleased I am with the quality. Hardly found any plastic or pieces that are there for no reasons. As stated elsewhere, blinkers must be bobbed. Ditto the plastic license-plate holder. I am going to experiment with a larger headlight too. The pegs are disappointing but an easy change. I put on some of the parts I bought for it, and the bike looked too modern, so off they came and back in the mail.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Excellent, looking forward to seeing what you all do with it. :)

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did get some pleasure finding and removing a useless piece of plastic. There is what appears to be a belt guard, and except for maybe protecting a pillion's bell-bottoms, I have no idea what purpose it serves. Two 6mm hex nuts and off it came. For now, I put a little canvas bag to hold a lighter and a tubed cigar... I'll take a grinder to the tabs at some point. The bag doesn't get near the belt, it's just the angle of the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I did get some pleasure finding and removing a useless piece of plastic. There is what appears to be a belt guard, and except for maybe protecting a pillion's bell-bottoms, I have no idea what purpose it serves. Two 6mm hex nuts and off it came. For now, I put a little canvas bag to hold a lighter and a tubed cigar... I'll take a grinder to the tabs at some point. The bag doesn't get near the belt, it's just the angle of the photo.
Functional instead of ugly.. I like it

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
The plastic you removed is to protect belt from debris off wheel that can get caught in cogs of belt and draged thru pulley , possibly damaging belt.... ( but it does look better )....

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The plastic you removed is to protect belt from debris off wheel that can get caught in cogs of belt and draged thru pulley , possibly damaging belt.... ( but it does look better )....
That's the only thing I could figure too, but riding around without it, saw no indication whatsoever of flung crap. As a matter of fact, I worry about a branch getting caught there and tearing it up. I'll obviously monitor it. If I see anything, I'll fashion something else to replace the plastic.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Warning, a Polar warranty Nazi may have seen you removing the part.
No warranty for you!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nice lift. If I had something like that, would be like Dr Frankenstein experimenting on the Scout. You need an assistant

·
Registered
98 Posts
a canvas bag, now why didn't I think~a~that !?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
That's the only thing I could figure too, but riding around without it, saw no indication whatsoever of flung crap. As a matter of fact, I worry about a branch getting caught there and tearing it up. I'll obviously monitor it. If I see anything, I'll fashion something else to replace the plastic.
Meggie, that Scout is a road bike, not too many branches out there...LOL :cool:

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice lift. If I had something like that, would be like Dr Frankenstein experimenting on the Scout. You need an assistant
The Handy rocks. Got an assistant already, but thanks for the offer!
Meggie, that Scout is a road bike, not too many branches out there...LOL :cool:
Texas is about 25% paved roads, and I am NOT going to be satisfied with 25% of anything...

·
Registered
28 Posts
. Two 6mm hex nuts and off it came. .[/QUOTE said:
Nice touch with the rock on your finger and the hex in your hand.. Don't see THAT too often!!
m
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Screen Shot 2014-12-26 at 4.32.12 PM.png

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You do in this household... Not as often as you see my husband doing the dishes.

10502871533_b7634e9ccb_o.jpg 10502872903_e334495a8e_o.jpg

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Maybe a place to stow a leather bagged disk lock?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts