Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
not trying to be mean but the pics are bearly useful on figuring out what year or model this might be. But adding a full photo of it from the side and front and rear would go a long way.
if i had to make a wild guess from whats there its somewhere in the range of a 37-39 chief

·
Registered
167 Posts
How about some big picture pics. Give us a look at the entire bike from several angles.

PS. The carb, shebler dlx 128, indicates it's a 1940's Era scout. I would start there and see how far a deep dive into the carb history will take you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like a german name but says made in USA. Maybe do some research in the 20-30s. Pretty cool find. I would be interested to know how many companies made bikes during the world wars? Indian, Harley and.........? Really interesting project.

·
Premium Member
2022 Super Chief Limited
134 Posts
Looks like a german name but says made in USA. Maybe do some research in the 20-30s. Pretty cool find. I would be interested to know how many companies made bikes during the world wars? Indian, Harley and.........? Really interesting project.
From what I can find, Schebler Carbs were put on the 1930's vintage Indian Scouts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts