Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first introduction to motorcycle forums so if I am a little green with my info or requests please advise accordingly!

I am the owner of a mid to late 1950's Indian Westerner/Woodsman manufactured by Royal Enfield of Redditch here in Worcestershire England where I live. I have owned it since 2000 and been restoring it (very slowly) ever since.
It was originally exported by the Brockhouse Group to Australia we believe in 1958? I do have a frame and engine number and have done research here in the UK but cannot establish its exact details or heritage.

Is this something someone out there can help me with, additionally I am looking for a left hand side (when sat on bike) tank pressed steel Indian head emblem which is proving impossible to find in Europe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Banco

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks I shall follow your advice.
It would still be very interesting if anyone who uses your site can throw any light on my problems.

·
Super Moderator
5,855 Posts
Many thanks I shall follow your advice.
It would still be very interesting if anyone who uses your site can throw any light on my problems.
And continue on this site. There is a great deal of knowledge here.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
How about Kiwi Indians? They make repro's of the real deal, might be able to heip, or a good metal worker if you have the right side might be able to make a mirror copy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about Kiwi Indians? They make repro's of the real deal, might be able to heip, or a good metal worker if you have the right side might be able to make a mirror copy.
Will look into the Kiwi's thanks.
We still have wonderful engineering skills here in the UK but I doubt if anyone would be able to reproduce this fantastic tank emblem as a "one off"?
I am not aware if my badge is shared with any other Indian (US) models, that would be an interesting piece of research.
I will email an image to anyone interested in my dilemma if they wish to contact me accordingly.

·
Bronze member
1,293 Posts
Jerry Greer is the go to.

·
Bronze member
1,293 Posts
Todd and Ron are great guys and very knowledgeable too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first introduction to motorcycle forums so if I am a little green with my info or requests please advise accordingly!

I am the owner of a mid to late 1950's Indian Westerner/Woodsman manufactured by Royal Enfield of Redditch here in Worcestershire England where I live. I have owned it since 2000 and been restoring it (very slowly) ever since.
It was originally exported by the Brockhouse Group to Australia we believe in 1958? I do have a frame and engine number and have done research here in the UK but cannot establish its exact details or heritage.

Is this something someone out there can help me with, additionally I am looking for a left hand side (when sat on bike) tank pressed steel Indian head emblem which is proving impossible to find in Europe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Banco
Hitchcock Motorcycles in UK can help with a lot of the parts that you need for these Royal Enfield Based Indian Motorcycles. Specifically those tank badges.
Also some nice info re-indian dot com slash History dot html. sorry the forum is not allowing me to post the actual url
I joined some forum a ways back and a guy named Graham Scarth has the Factory Manifest for the Riddich factory where the enfield Indians were built and he traced down and verified my 1959 Chief for me. Hope that helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts