Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an ultimate seat on the chieftain. I have a 2018 limited and I feel like im sitting on the back edge of the seat. Is the ultimate shape different enough to not do that. thinking mid rider ultimate, don't want to be to far back from bars. Thanks Lynn

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the tall boy Ultimate. It moved me back quite a bit and sits a little higher than stock. Not sure about the mid rider.
Thanks Bernomad. I like that your seat sits you a little higher. Feels like my knees are higher than my hips. I too have owned a Kingpin, crosscountry and vision.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm 5'10" and have the Ultimate Tall Boy seat, for me it's a perfect fit. I had the same issue with the stock seat, I was sitting on the back edge.

·
Bronze member
1,829 Posts
I have the Mid Riser on my '17 Roadmaster. I think it sits just right for me. I am short at 5'7'' . It's a comfortable sitting position for me. I can adjust a little either way front-back as need. Being short I kind of wish the crotch portion at the tank was a bit more narrow, but I am fine with it. I eventually did inch and a half lowering bones for the rear of my RM and I have Rox Risers on my bars, all together is almost a perfect fit.

Reactions: psycho Lynnie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Mid Riser on my '17 Roadmaster. I think it sits just right for me. I am short at 5'7'' . It's a comfortable sitting position for me. I can adjust a little either way front-back as need. Being short I kind of wish the crotch portion at the tank was a bit more narrow, but I am fine with it. I eventually did inch and a half lowering bones for the rear of my RM and I have Rox Risers on my bars, all together is almost a perfect fit.
Thanks for the info KevIndian. I too am 5'7 but all leg. 32' inseam. I think I will try Mid rider and if not comfy will exchange for tall boy.

·
Bronze member
1,829 Posts
Definitely a good idea to try and you can always swap it out with a 14 day trial. Unfortunately I had a health issue come up so I did not get to test mine out but I am happy with it. My trial ran out before unable to use

·
Rider
600 Posts
I am considering an Ultimate seat but have read a negative review of the heat option on an Ultimate seat. Anyone here have the heat option on an Ultimate that can give me a review of it?

·
Rider
622 Posts
I have the heated and heated passenger. It heats up plenty. You can feel it. Is it going make you take your jacket off? No...but I’ve had to shut it off. I imagine all aren’t perfect but mine is plenty warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
I got an Ultimate Tall Boy from another forum member. 6'2" and so far I like it more than stock as it sits you back further and the backrest installs so easily (easy to remove as well). I rarely used the heat on my stock seat so I don't miss it at all. I rode just the other day at 38 degrees and the heated grips are way more useful at low temps.

Reactions: KevIndian

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Ultimate Tall boy will sit you back 2 inches from stock. I'm 6-4 and it is perfect for me. Those that are shorter would be better served with the mid.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just put on a mid ultimate seat, sits you up a bit higher, can't flat foot, but love the riding position much better

·
Registered
207 Posts
I decided to go with the rogue extended reach seat. Way better than stock. But considered the Ultimate solo...love the way the solo seats look.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anybody have a sheepskin they put on there seat for riding?? When I'm in the saddle for all day riding if it's hot I sweat. Where can I get one?? Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've heard good things about Alaska Leather but I haven't used one. I have used one of those wooden bead seat covers and they do work for air flow and are not uncomfortable.

Kathy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts