Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded up to my 2018 Chieftan Classic. I kept my 2014 Vintage seats because I just had them redone by Mean City Cycles. I am finding that the seat is still uncomfortable after about 90 miles of riding.

I am considering an Ultimate seat but wanted to hear from some folks that have the Mid Rider and others who have the Tall Boy seats. Ultimate says the Midrider is the same as the stock Indian position but the Tallrider puts you back one inch. I have heard (secondhand) from riders that the Tallboy puts folks farther back and wanted to find out from actual owners or previous owners about seat positions on the Ultimate seats.

I am 70 inches and 230 pds.

Thank you
John

·
Rider
416 Posts
I have the tall boy, it does move you back about 1-1/2. It also raises you up around an inch. I ended up putting on the rox risers to help with the reach. They didn't have the mid rider available when I bought mine or I would have bought it. It's a great seat though. Really glad I got it! Before I changed the seat I couldn't make it more than about 45 minutes at a stretch. Now I ride 1-1/2 hours easily. They also do a 2 week trial so that's pretty cool.
I'm 6' tall and 250#
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I have the mid-riser, I like it overall. I don't like the fob for the heated section, but I rarely use heat here. .

·
Registered
163 Posts
I agree the heat fob is a deal breaker for me....unfortunately....I had an Ultimate seat on my Honda VTX and loved it

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Great seat--been riding one a couple of years. Keep in mind you can send it back for a refund if it doesn't fit you right or you're not pleased with it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just installed the Ultimate Midrider seat on my '16 Chief Dark Horse and took some measurements. The seat moves me forward 1/2" and up 5/8". It is 2" wider than stock. Ultimate claims it has the same seating position as stock but not so in my case. Seems to be a bit more comfortable than stock.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Like most, it takes a bit to break in. I can go 3-5 hours easy with the Ultimate mid riser. After that I need off and on time. Mainly due to being short, having both knees operated on as well as my right shoulder. Only wish the seat neck/crotch was a tad more narrow for my short legged self. But my most comfy seat thus far

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Watching this thread with great interest.

Made an appointment with Corbin for their ride in service for a custom seat but thought I might go ahead and order an Ultimate and if I don’t like it return it and continue with my appointment with Corbin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,589 Posts
Mid ride seat. I like it a lot. However I wish it didn't raise my seat position up an inch. Going to add my own toggle switched dual heating soon. Good investment overall.

The forum search function sucks, give the guy a break. Google search works a little bit better.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The attention to details has me a little concerned about Ultimate. The tolerances they use to cut the foam and the crude heat control switch has me a little concerned. I have until the 8th before they ship.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
UPDATE:::::: I was able to borrow a Ultimate Tall Boy seat tonight from a friend. It sets me back about two inches. I still have a (very) slight bend in my elbows (but not much). It also appears to sit me further down about a half or a full inch lower? It is not as comfortable as I thought it would be. I am going to take it on a longer ride to church and around town tomorrow to see but right now I don't think that even changing and getting the mid rider will be what I am looking for.
A couple of bikes back I did have a mustang seat but not sure if that would be a good fit for the Indian. Possibly my next step is to try a gel pad (that sits on top of the seat, or an air pad). Just seeing what my options are since I was not happy with the seat mod that was done earlier.

John

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
When I talked to Ultimate today I was told they use a half inch tolerance when they make the seat. On the mid-rider seat if it’s within plus or minus 1/2 inch from the stock height they call it good but it sounds like on some seats the tolerances might be greater. I know if the mid-rider seat I order is an inch taller or shorter, or and inch further back then I definitely will be sending it back almost as soon as it arrives.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
When I talked to Ultimate today I was told they use a half inch tolerance when they make the seat. On the mid-rider seat if it’s within plus or minus 1/2 inch from the stock height they call it good but it sounds like on some seats the tolerances might be greater. I know if the mid-rider seat I order is an inch taller or shorter, or and inch further back then I definitely will be sending it back almost as soon as it arrives.

Well? You know 1/2 aint much ---unless your talking bout something else. Most on here knows where im coming fromo_O

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ultimate Tallboy ..great comfy seat...the goofy remote control heated seat just sucks......don't waste your money on the heated seat....the remote control operation just sucks...its idiotic at best....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts