Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just received an Ultimate seat for my roadmaster, the problem I am having is the passenger seat that does not fit right, it rocks back and forth, the front pads don't sit on the fender evenly. Anyone else have this issue and how did you fix it? It almost sounds like a mold problem with the seat, will see what Ultimate says.

·
Bronze member
2,157 Posts
Did you check the passenger seat's front tabs that attach under the drivers seat for evenness? Place the passenger seat by itself on a flat surface and take a look at the tabs and rubber pads. Maybe a mounting tab got bent during shipping.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you check the passenger seat's front tabs that attach under the drivers seat for evenness? Place the passenger seat by itself on a flat surface and take a look at the tabs and rubber pads. Maybe a mounting tab got bent during shipping.
the tabs are molded into the seat, I seperated the two seats, the drivers seat fits fine the passenger seat rocks on the fender, I suspect the mold is not right

·
Bronze member
2,157 Posts
Ultimate is a good company, I'm sure they'll make it right.

Reactions: irvin.boston

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ultimate is a good company, I'm sure they'll make it right.
working with them now, was just curious if anyone had the same problem. Had an Ultimate seat on my Victory and loved it, hoping we can find the problem and get it fixed, thanks

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,058 Posts
If you got the heated seat make sure the wire that goes to the passenger seat is long enough to go into the grove. I had to lengthen mine to get it to set level. 2015 RM.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not a heated seat, rear seat rocks without any wiring, working with Ultimate now to find a resolution

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
worked with Ultimate all day, sent them videos of what I saw they don't think there is an issue. When only three out of the four pads make contact with the rear fender, there is a problem with the seat. Will leave it on the bike for a week see if it changes. I might add a thin spacer to that one pad to see if that fixes the problem. If not, it goes back and I try another seat, really like their seats but won't keep a seat that rocks back and forth on my fender.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts