Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my Roadmaster for a Challenger and the seat does not fit the new one so I am offering it for sale. A new one from Ultimate is $925. I am asking $550 plus shipping, obo. I accept Paypal.
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0174.JPG
IMG_0175.JPG

Travis

Premium Member
Which model?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
  • Our Tall Boy seat will sit the same height as stock and 1/2鈥 farther back than stock.
I could not make it 200 miles on the stock seat, but had no problem doing 500-750 mile days on the ultimate seat

Travis

Founding member / distinguished
I will vouch for this seat. The drivers seat is the same as a Chieftain, it has a bigger and wider passenger seat and the RM stitching.
The Ultimate Tall Boy is great for people over 6 ft. I鈥檓 6鈥3鈥, 220 lbs, 34鈥 inseam. The stock seat had my ass going back and forth between fire and numbness and after a 7 hour ride one day, my balls were numb for two or three days. Scary.
This Ultimate Tall boy eliminated all of that . I can ride 8 hours with absolutely no discomfort.

Rider
Here's another vouch for the Ultimate Tall Boy. I went on a 10 day trip on my stock seat (Roadmaster). I'm 6'3" and 235 lbs. With the stock seat, I was pushing into the back of the seat with my tail bone, and after about 5 days, I was in agony. Which took a few months to 100% get better.

Last summer I went on a 8 day trip to southern Ontario, with my new Ultimate seat, and had absolutely no tail bone issue at all.

Great seat, stiffer than stock.

--
Gordon

A roadmaster seat will fit on a Chieftain but the Indian luggage rack will no longer fit, because the passenger seat is too wide. The two are not compatible.

Yes sissy bar, luggage rack or the combo will not fit on when a roadmaster seat is on the bike. The passenger seat is just too wide.
The Ultimate website should tell you this. They do make a seat for the Chieftain that will work, and they make a very comfortable seat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts