Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to have a coffee with Mr Shifty today, we were chatting about the fact, that yesterday I went down to Sydney Indian and got the tyre pressure sensors out of my old wheels to put into the new Contrast Cut wheels I fitted to my Road Master about 3 weeks ago. Kim (aka)told me where I could buy the OME sensors cheep so tonight, I just bought two new sensors from Dhgate.com the OME Part number is 2412417 ,it saved me heaps over buying them from Indian/ Polaris. Once they arrive I will sell them with the OME wheels and tyres so the new buyer wont have to worry about not have sensors. Total cost for the 2 sensors posted to here and including our custom duties was around $108.50 Australia which is way better than paying Polaris $320.00 each or $640.00 Australian dollars for both. a big saving of $531.50 .Thanks to Kim for the heads up and getting back to me on the details .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has tried these to verify that they work on our bikes. It’s a great price if they do! Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they plug and play? Don't have to get the stealer to do anything?
You will need at have your own TPMS Relearning tool or get the dealer to do that once you install these. It is only only take a few mins and needs to be placed on the tyre/ tire side wall not at the or on the wheel.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wondering if anyone has tried these to verify that they work on our bikes. It’s a great price if they do! Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes some guys in Sydney have used them and had Indian Sydney set them by using the relearning tool .They do work ,other members here have also bought them form other stores with the same results. If you stop and think about it most times all these are made in one or 2 places for different manufacturers such as Polaris. I had Chrysler 300 SRT 6.4 Back in 2015 needed a replacement set of TPMS Valves and all I did was google the part number ,paid about $60.00 for a set of them rather than over $500.00 from Chrysler. They were both made by Schrader in the UK also had the very same part number.
http://www.zylux.com.au/schrader.php
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrader_valve

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is there any way to disable the tire pressure sensor system? My 2015 Indian was triked out with a CSC conversion. Problem is there are no sensors in the rear so the low pressure indicator is almost always on. Putting them in the rear tires is not the answer because I only run 25 psi on the rear. I would have to disable the receiver which is probably impossible but asking anyhow.
By the way, love the trike and haven’t seen any other Indian trikes yet.

Attachments

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there any way to disable the tire pressure sensor system? My 2015 Indian was triked out with a CSC conversion. Problem is there are no sensors in the rear so the low pressure indicator is almost always on. Putting them in the rear tires is not the answer because I only run 25 psi on the rear. I would have to disable the receiver which is probably impossible but asking anyhow.
By the way, love the trike and haven’t seen any other Indian trikes yet.
In the ride command there is a section under TPMS that allows you to have the TPM learn the sensor or to just delete it. If you delete it then you get a Indian logo in one of the 8 sections of each side of the screen display instead of being able to see the TPMS and pressures.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! Hell, the Indian dealer didn’t even know that!
That is the reason we are all hear ,too help each other and educate the dealership on the futures of our bikes and TSB they seem to know nothing about once again lol.O sorry and to teach Americans how to spell Tyre / Tire ,We spell slightly different because we are upside down from you guys .It is the same with my Name Geoff and you guys spell that Jeff . In the end it really does not matter one bit we can at least joke about it .

·
Registered
207 Posts
That is the reason we are all hear ,too help each other and educate the dealership on the futures of our bikes and TSB they seem to know nothing about once again lol.O sorry and to teach Americans how to spell Tyre / Tire ,We spell slightly different because we are upside down from you guys .It is the same with my Name Geoff and you guys spell that Jeff . In the end it really does not matter one bit we can at least joke about it .
TIRE.....come on you can do it!!!! Lmao

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks! Hell, the Indian dealer didn’t even know that!
In the ride command there is a section under TPMS that allows you to have the TPM learn the sensor or to just delete it. If you delete it then you get a Indian logo in one of the 8 sections of each side of the screen display instead of being able to see the TPMS and pressures.
When I tried that I realized you were referring to the newer dash with the screen display. Mine just has the digital dash.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One thing I should have done earlier that may help someone is photos of the Sensors that I bought from China ,saving over $500.00 Australian Dollars , They want $320.00 each from Indian I bought both including postage and duties for $110.00
IMG_1084.jpg
IMG_1085.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts