Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2 OME Tyre pressure Sensors today from Dhgate.com the reference is Motorcycle Tire Pressure Sensor OME 2412417 way cheaper than buying from Indian.I hope this will help anyone needing to replace their sensors. Of course you will need to get the dealerships to use their activation tool to recognise the Sensors.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked up the TPMS Relearning tool and that was so cheap I might buy one of them just to have it incase I need to reset the TPMS . The code for them is EL50448 its about $18.00 on Amazon here in Australia so most likely cheaper in the USA . The thing that I have seen on here is that a lot of our guys are saying that the TPMS is at 180degree from the valve steam, Unless the latest model bikes are different from the early ones I can tell you 100% that the sensor is part of the Valve steam ,how do I know ? well I had to get my TPMS taken out of my old wheels and put into the New Chieftain wheels I bought . I stood there watch and chatting to the Mechanics yesterday while they did it. The tool needs to be held next to the Valve on the tyre not the wheel while reseting it system.

·
Founding member
1,030 Posts
Don't come on our Forums using that ridiculous spelling of a very simple word... TIRE.... What were you thinking, this is 'murica we don't have tyre's!!!! lol :eek::mad:;)

·
Rider
540 Posts
I bought 2 OME Tyre pressure Sensors today from Dhgate.com the reference is Motorcycle Tire Pressure Sensor OME 2412417 way cheaper than buying from Indian.I hope this will help anyone needing to replace their sensors. Of course you will need to get the dealerships to use their activation tool to recognise the Sensors.
Geoff, looking forward to an update once you receive and install your sensors. Thanks for sleuthing and posting!

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't come on our Forums using that ridiculous spelling of a very simple word... TIRE.... What were you thinking, this is 'murica we don't have tyre's!!!! lol :eek::mad:;)
Well we spell tyres like this you spell tires like that ,we spell Geoff like this and you spell Jeff like that so really how gives a shit lol As long as we all help each other and can understand what we are saying the spelling should not matter .

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geoff, looking forward to an update once you receive and install your sensors. Thanks for sleuthing and posting!
dearmalaska , I am not going to fit them in the old wheels as they have had the ( Tyres / Tires, lol ) put back on to the bike. I am going to try and sell the wheels and Tyres/ Tires as they are and give the new Sensors to the new owner once they sell. I can tell you the sensors do work as one of the Guys from the Australian forum has used them and got them calibrated by Indian in Sydney as he did not have a TPMS Relearn tool .

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we spell tyres like this you spell tires like that ,we spell Geoff like this and you spell Jeff like that so really how gives a shit lol As long as we all help each other and can understand what we are saying the spelling should not matter .
I thought you may have got a laugh with the Tyres being spelt Tires even though they are rubber round things lol.:rolleyes::eek::D:p:cool::);)

·
Rider
1,060 Posts
I looked up the TPMS Relearning tool and that was so cheap I might buy one of them just to have it incase I need to reset the TPMS . The code for them is EL50448 its about $18.00 on Amazon here in Australia so most likely cheaper in the USA . The thing that I have seen on here is that a lot of our guys are saying that the TPMS is at 180degree from the valve steam, Unless the latest model bikes are different from the early ones I can tell you 100% that the sensor is part of the Valve steam ,how do I know ? well I had to get my TPMS taken out of my old wheels and put into the New Chieftain wheels I bought . I stood there watch and chatting to the Mechanics yesterday while they did it. The tool needs to be held next to the Valve on the tyre not the wheel while reseting it system.
Hmmmm... could be that the OEM has come up with an upgraded sensor to replace the wonky ones that they were using prior to 2019. I have recently put new tyres (;)) on my '16 Roadmaster and it's sensors are mounted 180-degrees out from the valve stems.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmmm... could be that the OEM has come up with an upgraded sensor to replace the wonky ones that they were using prior to 2019. I have recently put new tyres (;)) on my '16 Roadmaster and it's sensors are mounted 180-degrees out from the valve stems.
If that is the case it would not be upgraded tyre/tire sensors as much as new positioning of them .It make essence when you think of it as most cars have the sensors connected to the valves so why would you put a bikes sensors 180 - degrees from the valve ? Who knows it may be just the design change from one year to the next onwards.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In Poland the tyre's/tires are SQUARE!!:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Dave so glad you have now being allowed to spell both ways because we both are on track to becoming Scholars of the University of Indiana Forums lol.:eek::rolleyes::oops:o_O:p:cool::) That would be the Department of Chieftain /Road Master Scouting and social services !!!! :cool:

·
Rider
1,060 Posts
If that is the case it would not be upgraded tyre/tire sensors as much as new positioning of them .It makes sense when you think of it, as most cars have the sensors connected to the valves, so why would you put a bikes sensors 180-degrees from the valve ? Who knows it may be just the design change from one year to the next...
With the "old" sensors, they were NOT part of the tire valve and their mass was placed opposite of the valve on the wheel. That last bit allowed the sensor to help to offset any imbalance that the valve might have caused to the overall wheel assembly. A pressure sensor made as part of the valve would add to the valve's potential to cause some imbalance in the total wheel assembly. But, truth to tell, the mass of the Indian wheel & tire packages are so great, that any potential for the sensor or sensor/valve to have much effect is minimal.

·
Bronze member
1,956 Posts
Hell maybe we have been spelling it wrong for all these years...Dont thin so

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With the "old" sensors, they were NOT part of the tire valve and their mass was placed opposite of the valve on the wheel. That last bit allowed the sensor to help to offset any imbalance that the valve might have caused to the overall wheel assembly. A pressure sensor made as part of the valve would add to the valve's potential to cause some imbalance in the total wheel assembly. But, truth to tell, the mass of the Indian wheel & tire packages are so great, that any potential for the sensor or sensor/valve to have much effect is minimal.
This is what the new sensors look like they go directly behind the Valve and have a clip to hold them in place.
for-motorcycle-tire-pressure-sensor-oem-2412417-1.jpg
for-motorcycle-tire-pressure-sensor-oem-2412417.jpg

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hell maybe we have been spelling it wrong for all these years...Dont thin so
I would not worry too much it is just some stirring from two of us really just a joke and no offence on ethers behalf ,I think if you give it out ,you have to take it back as well. Makes it more interesting when you can have laugh as long as there is nothing hurtful toward another member or anyone for that matter. ;):):D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts