Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my phone is plugged into the saddle bag it interferes with my radio reception. Second issue is the fairing speakers buzz and sound like shit when I play anything with a little bass. Even with the bass turned almost to zero and the volume up. I will try a different charging chord see if that fixes the problem. AS far as the speakers. I don't know maybe something aftermarket. Any suggestions?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,112 Posts
Personally I set my bass to -3.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was getting a buzz out of my speakers too, turned out it was the cheap ass plastic speaker grills, I took them off and ran a bead of clear silicone caulk around backs of grills and buzz went away

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked my settings on the stereo. I had moved the fade mostly to the front since I have no rear speakers. So I move it back to center or zero and did away with the buzz. I guess moving all of the power to the front was to much for the speakers. Sounds much better now

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put in new speakers in front Polk marine speakers 521 series-love them-better sounds and bass-there is a thred on this formum under chieftain that shows how to install.Cost me about $70.00 to do.Looking to get the saddle bags speaker set up soon and will also install polk speakers series 621-hope this helps.No more speaker buzz for this guy

·
Registered
31 Posts
When my phone is plugged into the saddle bag it interferes with my radio reception. Second issue is the fairing speakers buzz and sound like shit when I play anything with a little bass. Even with the bass turned almost to zero and the volume up. I will try a different charging chord see if that fixes the problem. AS far as the speakers. I don't know maybe something aftermarket. Any suggestions?
The " buzzing " is not from your speakers ! It is coming from the USB port / cell phone trap door under the faring.. Certain bass tones cause the door to vibrate which is the buzzing sound you hear . All u need to do is line the edges of the door with open cell window insulation foam tape and u are good.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have put foam around the USB door and it helped my buzz but some still persists but that's what the volume knob button is for I guess. It seems to be centered in the front fairing I think i may try the ziptie trick.

Reactions: Roll On

·
Registered
384 Posts
I blew on of my polk's voice thingy they were easy to deal with and replaced it quickly. Theydid recommend allowing them to adjust to their cabinet and exercise them at varied volumes. I dont know what that means..."11" because its one more than"10"

·
Registered
532 Posts
I blew on of my polk's voice thingy they were easy to deal with and replaced it quickly. Theydid recommend allowing them to adjust to their cabinet and exercise them at varied volumes. I dont know what that means..."11" because its one more than"10"
Heavy Rap Music will do that... :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yo Yo Yo id be down wit dat. Got my thump on! Nothing like simon and garfunkel BASSSSSSSS BOIIIII

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have put foam around the USB door and it helped my buzz but some still persists but that's what the volume knob button is for I guess. It seems to be centered in the front fairing I think i may try the ziptie trick.
The other thing you can try is run a bead of silicone around the back side of your speaker grills, some people have reported buzzing from there as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Having same issues

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I'll check my bike later today. I've used the bag port for charging my phone while listening to the radio and it did not seem there was a problem but I can check again. I also use the Victory shorty antenna and not the stock.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The door for the phone compartment tend to shake. Check that before messing with anything. We had a guy add a little weather stripping to his and the buzzing went away.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
If you add a bead of sealant under the speaker grill how do you get the grills off if they need to be removed later??

1 - 20 of 40 Posts