Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. If you’re running a USB wire from the battery tender pigtails to a handlebar mounted phone, will a 3.3” (1meter) length wire work or do you need the 6.6” (2m) wire?

2. I want to buy a Cramp Buster cruise control clips for a 2015 Scout handlebar. What is handlebar diameter? (I’m out of the country so can’t measure it).

·
Banned
114 Posts
1. If you’re running a USB wire from the battery tender pigtails to a handlebar mounted phone, will a 3.3” (1meter) length wire work or do you need the 6.6” (2m) wire?

2. I want to buy a Cramp Buster cruise control clips for a 2015 Scout handlebar. What is handlebar diameter? (I’m out of the country so can’t measure it).
For the cruise control, the handle bars at the grips are actually 7/8”. So with the grips on, they diameter is close to 1”. The handlebars diameter every where else though is 1” as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Before I added the Indian USB Speedo Mount Kit, I installed a second SAE pigtail under the seat and ran a USB cable from there, under the tank and up the front to the handlebar. That USB cable was 6 feet. Now with the Indian USB Speedo Mount Kit, I use a 12 inch USB cable.

I have added the Scout oversized grips to my handlebar and use a C2.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I just did this to my Scout.

6' USB cable.
And the bars are 1".

Wired up my Ciro3d Phone/GPS holder with handlebar mount.
Ran the USB charging cable under the tank along the wiring, followed it up behind the headlight, through the wire "organizer" on the forks, behind the speedo, and along the wire that runs up to the clutch-side controls. Used almost all 6 feet, but it's super clean and still had some cable left to play around with where the Battery Tender USB adapter sits in the battery compartment.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before I added the Indian USB Speedo Mount Kit, I installed a second SAE pigtail under the seat and ran a USB cable from there, under the tank and up the front to the handlebar. That USB cable was 6 feet. Now with the Indian USB Speedo Mount Kit, I use a 12 inch USB cable.

I have added the Scout oversized grips to my handlebar and use a C2.
Thanks. So, couldn’t see from the website. I assume you’re able to use a 12” cable because the USB speedo mount kit is wired and is getting its power from where...not the battery but, a headlight auxilliary fused wire?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts