Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, went riding from DC to Philly and back with my 2015 Indian Roadmaster and it rained on the way back. While riding back, I noticed my left turn signal on a couple times and I didn't remember hitting the switch to turn them on. So I turned them off. Got home and the next day I washed my bike and drove to work this morning and noticed my left turn signal was on again when I parked, so I went to shut it off and couldn't. I then tried to switch it to the right side and it did briefly then went back to the left and I couldn't turn it off. I then turned the bike off and back on it the turn signal remained blinking. One more odd note that might have some significance to this issue is twice my bike alarm has gone off for no reason. Called dealer this morning they say it might be an alarm issue and to bring it in and they are going to flash the system. Any thoughts?

·
Bronze member
2,140 Posts
Mine did this once. I attributed it to a damp switch. Been caught in the rain many times later and it's never done that again.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I had to have the indicator switch-gear replaced under warranty after riding in the rain. I only have a Scout 60, but I'm guessing the switch-gear design might be similar in some ways.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to have the indicator switch-gear replaced under warranty after riding in the rain. I only have a Scout 60, but I'm guessing the switch-gear design might be similar in some ways.
Thanks. However it turned out to be the battery in the keyfob they said. Replaced the battery and haven't had the problem again yet. I'm still thinking the switch as well, we'll see. The funny thing about it is that the keyfob would allow my bike to start so I guess it had enough juice left in it to start, but was getting ready to go I guess.

·
Bronze member
1,756 Posts
I was on my RM today and the alarm went off while the bike was running and the dash said no fob
I realized my fob was in the same pocket that my CC's were in and I have a metal case for them that is supposed to prevent digital theft so I put the fob in the other pocket and all was good

Just an FYI. If you have any case like that it could be the problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was on my RM today and the alarm went off while the bike was running and the dash said no fob
I realized my fob was in the same pocket that my CC's were in and I have a metal case for them that is supposed to prevent digital theft so I put the fob in the other pocket and all was good

Just an FYI. If you have any case like that it could be the problem
Thank you, and as it turned out it was my battery to the keyfob. There was enough juice to start the bike but it was having difficulty communicating with the bike and those were the symptoms, or at least that is what the dealer told me. Anyway, I put the new battery in and haven't had the issue again. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This past weekend, went riding from DC to Philly and back with my 2015 Indian Roadmaster and it rained on the way back. While riding back, I noticed my left turn signal on a couple times and I didn't remember hitting the switch to turn them on. So I turned them off. Got home and the next day I washed my bike and drove to work this morning and noticed my left turn signal was on again when I parked, so I went to shut it off and couldn't. I then tried to switch it to the right side and it did briefly then went back to the left and I couldn't turn it off. I then turned the bike off and back on it the turn signal remained blinking. One more odd note that might have some significance to this issue is twice my bike alarm has gone off for no reason. Called dealer this morning they say it might be an alarm issue and to bring it in and they are going to flash the system. Any thoughts?
***UPDATE***
As it turned out it was my battery to the keyfob. There was enough juice to start the bike but it was having difficulty communicating with the bike and those were the symptoms, or at least that is what the dealer told me. Anyway, I put the new battery in and haven't had the issue again. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Thanks. However it turned out to be the battery in the keyfob they said. Replaced the battery and haven't had the problem again yet. I'm still thinking the switch aas well, we'll see. The funny thing about it is that the keyfob would allow my bike to start so I guess it had enough juice left in it to start, but was getting ready to go I guess.
Well we learn something new every day! Glad it all seems to be sorted.

·
Bronze member
1,362 Posts
I haven't had the alarm issue, but the last time I washed my bike I had the same problem with the turn signals for about the first 50 miles of riding. Hasn't happened since then and I attribute it to not blowing all the water out of the switch after the wash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts