Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went out for a ride this morning. Once I got home I noticed the right turn signal is a solid light and not blinking when turn signal is in on position. It is lit up once ignition is in on position. Just stays on and doesn’t blink. Any tips on how to fix without riding 100 miles to the dealer?
Thanks

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Are both front and rear doing the same thing? Perhaps one has blown and the other stays on as an indicator. This is just a guess but worth a check.

The second thing to check is the same as for every electrical weirdness - check battery terminal connections and earth connection to the frame. They have a habit of working slightly loose and then strange things happen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All turn signal indicators are working except the right front. The right front just stays illuminated and does not blink.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Scout Bobber if going by the avatar picture, so aren’t all bobbers LED signals?

I was thinking shorting to ground.
However I would expect a chassis light on the speedo for that.
Not that I would know.

Only other idea would be something about the diode nature of LEDs that one, or set of them, failing to prevent two-way electrical flow.
And again I wouldn’t really know. Just thinking out loud here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just went out and started it up and it's working again. Had the dealer install the pathfinder headlight a couple weeks ago. Maybe the mechanic pinched a wire or loosened connection somehow. Going to dealer in a couple weeks to get the comfort seat. Will have it checked. Hopefully it continues working properly until I get up there.
Thanks for the help guy's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts