Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just got my 2015 chieftan and it seems as if my signals are not cancelling when I turn. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
958 Posts
nope mine works perfectly

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi,

Just got my 2015 chieftan and it seems as if my signals are not cancelling when I turn. Anyone else have this issue?
I noticed it takes a bit longer to auto cancel than other bikes I've owned. I still have a habit of cancelling manually after a turn anyway.

·
Founding member
686 Posts
If you came from Harley the Indian doesn't cancel as fast as the Harley, but the do cancel. I don't know if they have a lean sensor like HD. Plus they will time out after about 15 seconds.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If you came from Harley the Indian doesn't cancel as fast as the Harley, but the do cancel. I don't know if they have a lean sensor like HD. Plus they will time out after about 15 seconds.
Glad I read this thread, thanks.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I had a few weeks where my auto cancels failed to work. This was through two weeks of commutes and steady riding. By this time, I contacted the dealership. Two days later, before I left for the dealership, the bike did an odd restart while I was starting the bike (turned on, turned over, horn honked, lights flash, bike died. I hit the power then starter again, normal start up) and the problem did not recur. Bike had a brain fart.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts
I've noticed if you aren't aggressive enough, read that lean a lot, the self cancel may not work and then has to time out. So I guess the solution is ride faster so you have to dig into those turns.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts