Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a location other than the windshield for the "FAST PASS" that is out of sight. Has anyone found a spot that isn't affected by the weather?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never thought of that location, thanks! Will do -

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
More and more Toll Roads going in around the Austin TX area, can buy a Texas Toll Tag, but they also offer Pay by Mail where you just keep on cruising down the road and a camera takes a picture of your plate and they mail you a bill once a month.

I am sticking with Pay by Mail for now, that way I don't have to find a reliable place to put a toll tag on my Chieftain.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking to reinstall my transponder on a new windshield. Both Ebay ans Amazon sell the special mounting tape, it's not the regular Velcro. I also checked Radio Shack and Staples but it isn't the same. However if you call the E-ZPass phone number (1-877-627-7745) they will mail it out for FREE. [facepalm]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looking to reinstall my transponder on a new windshield. Both Ebay ans Amazon sell the special mounting tape, it's not the regular Velcro. I also checked Radio Shack and Staples but it isn't the same. However if you call the E-ZPass phone number (1-877-627-7745) they will mail it out for FREE. [facepalm]
IMG_1821.JPG Painted black and parks behind windshield.....

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Used 2-sided tape and put it inside left side saddlebag lid.. taped to underside of lid. Works fine and is secure.
Great location, however it was too intermittent. Relocated it behind the windshield area, never missed toll.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Never put mine on the bike. I have two one in the wife's car and one in the in-laws. I don't need it but when I want to use it I will go with behind the windshield

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here in Virginia motorcycles don't have to pay, just like high occupancy (2 or more) don't have to pay either........
Can I get me a hunt-en license here? "John Kerry" Ass!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I put my Fastrak transponder in the small compartment on the right hand side of the fairing where the USB cable is located. I used two sided tape to stick it to the inside of the fairing and works fine in that location.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
More and more Toll Roads going in around the Austin TX area, can buy a Texas Toll Tag, but they also offer Pay by Mail where you just keep on cruising down the road and a camera takes a picture of your plate and they mail you a bill once a month.

I am sticking with Pay by Mail for now, that way I don't have to find a reliable place to put a toll tag on my Chieftain.
In Dallas you are required to have a toll tag but are not required to carry it on your scoot. They flash your license plates continuously because the new stick on, flat as paper toll tags are not as efficient as they had hoped. They computer scan the license and deduct from your account. I would check with the group that issues the tag in Austin and find out if it is the same as in Dallas. I believe they are all part of the NTTA and are probably the same.

Semper Fi,
Z

1 - 17 of 17 Posts