Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is from western China and is the love of my life. She however, is not excited about the bike. When I first got my Scout I rode her on the back all day for Myrtle Beach Bike Week. This was too hard on her and she was reluctant to ride a gain. Yes, I know that was stupid. Now with the Springfield she is much more comfortable. However, the temperature has been about 160 degrees this summer so no wife on back. It is finally cooling down. We went for a breakfast run today. On the way home she asked me to go downtown (Charleston, SC) to shop. I asked her "on the bike?" She said yes. Now I am a happy biker. So we went shopping and riding. Now she is willing to ride the bike. My next step is to make her understand proper clothes. Here is a photo of our ride today. I am back home shopping for black leather pants for her. I know she will like the style and I may finally end up with a real biker chick (almost).
IMG_5181 (1).jpg

·
Registered
553 Posts
That's awesome buddy.

Reactions: Marcus

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
I'm right there with ya, my wife pictured in my Avatar, (Vietnamese) has more Indian Shirts than me, and loves getting on the bike!

BTW what's that holster for?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I just want to know how an old coot like you scored a bride obviously just out of high school? Lucky man!

·
Vendor / bronze
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm right there with ya, my wife pictured in my Avatar, (Vietnamese) has more Indian Shirts than me, and loves getting on the bike!

BTW what's that holster for?
Love my oriental wife. The holster is a new product I have been testing. It is a leather drink holder. I mount it with a Ram clamp. It can be mounted almost anywhere on the bike. The Springfield has the mustache hi way bars as well as a few more bikes. There is no place to mount a drink holder on it. So I have been trying it out on the rear crash bars. So far I like it. You just reach back with your left hand and it is easy to grab. It is out of the way while riding. I turned it out a little for my passenger feet.

·
Silver member
3,407 Posts
My transition was easy I just took an ole Harley Ho and put some Indian garb on her.

Reactions: sidecarsam

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Outstanding !!! but watch what you ask for lol. Just joking, like you my wife grew up scared to death of motorcycles. She even said no when I told her I was buying my first harley "we've been married for 36 yrs now". Well telling me no is best way to get me to do something , so after I bought it she said she would never get on it. After almost a yr I finally got her on the back for a few rides and she was hooked. She now rides her own 2015 Chieftain so remember I said " watch what you ask for"? Marcus you might want to start saving now for another Indian in the future lol. Lets hope so my friend because my wife is now also my riding buddy and I love it " my Chieftain is now a single seater".
Also 160 degrees "yiks" I dont blame her at all I wouldnt have been on it either , shes a lovely smart woman indeed lol. Ride safe my friend and NICE BIKE by the way ;-) .

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
3,407 Posts
Outstanding !!! but watch what you ask for lol. Just joking, like you my wife grew up scared to death of motorcycles. She even said no when I told her I was buying my first harley "we've been married for 36 yrs now". Well telling me no is best way to get me to do something , so after I bought it she said she would never get on it. After almost a yr I finally got her on the back for a few rides and she was hooked. She now rides her own 2015 Chieftain so remember I said " watch what you ask for"? Marcus you might want to start saving now for another Indian in the future lol. Lets hope so my friend because my wife is now also my riding buddy and I love it " my Chieftain is now a single seater".
Also 160 degrees "yiks" I dont blame her at all I wouldnt have been on it either , shes a lovely smart woman indeed lol. Ride safe my friend and NICE BIKE by the way ;-) .

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I had the same experience with a non riding wife that had to have her own after she learned to ride. Now she has to have TWO motorcycles. The new clothes will add up also.

Reactions: RedCloud

·
Registered
158 Posts
marcus you have good taste in hotels ive stayed there before try the rooftop bar at the market pavilion also great view of the yorktown across the river
enjoy your bike and get her some gear!

·
Vendor / bronze
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea. This is Charleston Place. I can't afford that. I need you guys to buy a lot of Scout parts before that happens. We were shopping there. My wife is going back to China to see family. She takes back designer stuff. It is about 1/3 the price here. I sometimes go to the rooftop bar. It is very nice. Once I tried a chocolate martini. I got the bill and discovered it was $20 apiece. I am just a smo that likes to make things. Every once and awhile my inventions make some money and I live large for a while.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You're a lucky man. Beautiful wife, beautiful bike and living in Charleston. I graduated from a certain military college on the Ashley river and I truly love that city. It's probably been eight years since I was last there and I hope to get back there soon.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. Yes my wife is too beautiful for a guy like me. Charleston is beautiful but too hot in the summer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Too funny, enjoy the rides..

·
Registered
368 Posts
Converting a woman into a biker chick can be fun and interesting. I was kinesio taping a Mennonite lady one day, and I had some tape with nazi skulls and a flaming head inside. She asked me if I could tape her with that to my surprise. When done, she bent over and quietly asked me "Do I look like a biker chick now?"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts