Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent an email to Rekluse to find out if they are working on an auto clutch for the TS111. This is the response I received on 4/17/20;
"Yes we are working on one. I do not have an ETA on when it will happen but we are working on it. Please keep checking back and on our website. That is where we will announce the new release".
My Chieftain clutch pull is relatively easy but my aged hands will appreciate some help in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I sent an email to Rekluse to find out if they are working on an auto clutch for the TS111. This is the response I received on 4/17/20;
"Yes we are working on one. I do not have an ETA on when it will happen but we are working on it. Please keep checking back and on our website. That is where we will announce the new release".
My Chieftain clutch pull is relatively easy but my aged hands will appreciate some help in stop and go traffic.
That's good news as I had been thinking about upgrading to a Barnett clutch. I've used the recluse on a couple of KTM's and loved them. It should get a better hookup at higher RPM's that seems to be an issue with the stage II or higher.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Rekluse on a indian that is pretty cool. Racing enduros I seen a few and some guys swear by them. I have never personally owned one.

·
Rider
747 Posts
I've never ridden a bike with one, but the concept is pretty neat. Not sure if I would like it or not. But, I can certainly see the desire if you do a lot of in town stop and go riding, or if you have arthritis in the hands.

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
On the street I would install one if it’s my last option. I love mine on my Suzuki DRZ in the dirt, but don’t like it very much on pavement.

·
Rider
747 Posts
On the street I would install one if it’s my last option. I love mine on my Suzuki DRZ in the dirt, but don’t like it very much on pavement.
Just out of curiosity, why is that? As I mentioned, I'm not sure if I would like it or not, as I personally avoid riding in areas where there is a lot of stop and go, and I currently don't have arthritis in my hands. But, i'm curious about why it would be good in dirt, but not on pavement.

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
In dirt your constantly rowing the gearbox on soft terrain. In dirt riding, especially tight sections, you ride or slip the clutch a lot. The Rekluse does that for you automatically. On the street where there is no give, the downshifts feel a bit harsh with the Rekluse.

·
Silver member
4,652 Posts
I wish AIM would make their lock-up clutch for our bikes. Super easy to pull and the higher the RPM, the stronger the clutch hold is.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,251 Posts
To shift up or down with the Rekluse clutch you have to go off the throttle, right?

EDIT: disregard!

According to the "Riders guide" attached you still need to invoke your clutch with the lever while shifting, as normal, EXCEPT when you come to a stop!

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
German rider
723 Posts
First reaction: Glowing in my eyes and calculate to get this part to europe.:love:
But in this manual it is stated, that cruising rpm should be 2500.
That is not my rpm. I like 1800-2000 rpm with out much load.
Runs fine.
So if below 2500 the clutch could start slipping, or shown in the manual as red/yellow zone - sadly I can not ride this nice part.:cry:

Or is there a way to do functional adjustments?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This may be on my future mod list. Curious if anyone has experience with this clutch in a large, heavy bagger, HD.
PRICE
$949.00
PART#
RMS-6216100

1 - 13 of 13 Posts