Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Look behind the headlight. Use caution tapping lights on the scout.Scout uses can bus lighting where tapping into diff things can cause damage very easy. Just sayin..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hi,

I just bought my first Indian (for the wife) which is a 2015 Scout (with ABS as it's an international model).

Also have an alarm here from Scorpio (SRX900) that I'd like to install on it.

The installation should be simple as it's only 2 wires to the battery terminals and one extra to tap on to a 12v switched power source. Meaning it only needs to get current when the switch(Key) is ON and no current when the switch(key) is OFF.
They suggest to use the running light wire or the rear license plate positive wire.

Now if I could find them I would be out of the woods :)

There is also an "ignition disable module" where I need to find the ground wire on the fuel pump.

Which leads to a couple of questions:

1. Did anyone already installed an alarm on their Scout that would like to share the experience ?
2. An overview or the electrical schema would be helpful but that is apparently nowhere to be found.
3. Can anyone help me finding the wires I need ?

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thx,

Rob
Rob that sounds like a heck of a lot of work compared to a simple padlock on a front wheel. There are service manuals online available for purchase. There is a free e version floating around here if you search for it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Being a Beemer owner has educated me not to phuck around with CANBUS wiring, so on my Scout I use one of these. XENA Disc-Lock Alarms
Motion sensor built in, 120 db alarm, so there is NO danger that you'll forget about it and try to ride off.

·
Registered
543 Posts
@Pidgey: Which size pin lock did you get to fit the Scout? They have 6,10, 14 & 15 mm pins available. Thank you.
Hi, I believe it's a 14. I bought it for my Bandit and tried it on the Scout and it fit fine. From the locking pin to the end of the alarm is 2 3/8" the Scout rotor is 1 1/2"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts