Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,803 Posts
I can imagine that took some top heaviness out of the handling. I do understand the need for a trunk for touring though.

·
Bronze member
2,545 Posts
To me the saddlebag protectors detract from the bike‘s looks. I don’t know why IM thought the Challenger needed them, but not the Chieftain or RM. IM manufactures a bike with attractive paint, then covers it up. Sort of like a pretty girl wearing a burka.

·
Rider
410 Posts
I've figured it out: I like the looks of the saddlebag protectors on those Darkhorse bike. It becomes a trim that matches the rest of the blacked out pieces. But on those beautiful red and blue limiteds, it just leaves me scratching my head. It doesn't necessarily flow with the overall package. Meh, what the hell do I know.

·
Bronze member
2,636 Posts
How soon can you put it all back on ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've figured it out: I like the looks of the saddlebag protectors on those Darkhorse bike. It becomes a trim that matches the rest of the blacked out pieces. But on those beautiful red and blue limiteds, it just leaves me scratching my head. It doesn't necessarily flow with the overall package. Meh, what the hell do I know.
I agree...
How soon can you put it all back on ?
I have to take off the seat so I can connect the wiring harness, then seat back on and then put the trunk on

Total time- 5-7 minutes

·
Registered
24 Posts
Loving that C7 in the garage. Had a '15 Z51 and miss it a little more every day. Some day I'll have a C8 in the stable but it will be a while heh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts