Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anyone has pictures of a Chieftain with the stock tan seat with the Indian trunk please post them. I really like the stock tan seat and I’d like to add the trunk but I know the stitch pattern on the Indian tan back rest for the trunk matches the stitch touring seat pattern and not the stock seat. So I was wondering how the stock tan seat looks together with the trunk backrest pad or if anybody tried putting them together?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had a diamond plattern put in my stock seat for $75 by a local automotive upholsterer. Just a suggestion, because they can match any pattern you take them for the backrest you apply to the seat.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a diamond plattern put in my stock seat for $75 by a local automotive upholsterer. Just a suggestion, because they can match any pattern you take them for the backrest you apply to the seat.
When you have time do you have any pictures? I appreciate the idea

·
Registered
11 Posts
If anyone has pictures of a Chieftain with the stock tan seat with the Indian trunk please post them. I really like the stock tan seat and I’d like to add the trunk but I know the stitch pattern on the Indian tan back rest for the trunk matches the stitch touring seat pattern and not the stochttps://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/shop/accessories/trunks/2881009-06/k seat. So I was wondering how the stock tan seat looks together with the trunk backrest pad or if anybody tried putting them together?

I'm not sure if you've looked on the Indian website lately but right now it appears that they have a tan backrest pad for the trunk that would match the stock Chieftain seat and it's on clearance sale for $192.00.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm not sure if you've looked on the Indian website lately but right now it appears that they have a tan backrest pad for the trunk that would match the stock Chieftain seat and it's on clearance sale for $192.00.
I appreciate the info but I noticed it says this only fits 2014-2017 Chieftains. I didn’t think they had changed the trunk from 2017? Does anyone know if they did? I have a 2019.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I appreciate the info but I noticed it says this only fits 2014-2017 Chieftains. I didn’t think they had changed the trunk from 2017? Does anyone know if they did? I have a 2019.

I doubt it’s any different, the quilted seat back says it’ll fit 2014-2021 chieftains, so I don’t see why this one would be any different. If it fits some of the same years should fit all same years.

Also don’t think the quilted backrest would look that bad with non quilted seat, but that’s personal preference. I’ve seen the black quilted trunk with black non quilted seat and looks fine(in fact Indians website shows a pic of it on the quilted backrest page), just haven’t seen a tan one like that. Though my bike is setup sorta opposite. I’ve got a tan Corbin seat, its quilted pattern, and have a sissybar with stock tan Indian passenger backrest, so non quilted. And the drivers backrest for the Corbin isn’t quilted(though not much room for quilting pattern on it anyways as it’s the donut style with hole in the center).

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I doubt it’s any different, the quilted seat back says it’ll fit 2014-2021 chieftains, so I don’t see why this one would be any different. If it fits some of the same years should fit all same years.

Also don’t think the quilted backrest would look that bad with non quilted seat, but that’s personal preference. I’ve seen the black quilted trunk with black non quilted seat and looks fine(in fact Indians website shows a pic of it on the quilted backrest page), just haven’t seen a tan one like that. Though my bike is setup sorta opposite. I’ve got a tan Corbin seat, its quilted pattern, and have a sissybar with stock tan Indian passenger backrest, so non quilted. And the drivers backrest for the Corbin isn’t quilted(though not much room for quilting pattern on it anyways as it’s the donut style with hole in the center).
Could there have been a slight color change after 2017? I was trying to match the tan color and asked Corbin to send me some color samples. They sent a color labeled 2017 Indian Brown and it’s slightly different tan than what’s on my seat.

But if I’m just worrying too much let me know and I’ll just order the thing. It’s at a great price!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Could there have been a slight color change after 2017? I was trying to match the tan color and asked Corbin to send me some color samples. They sent a color labeled 2017 Indian Brown and it’s slightly different tan than what’s on my seat.

But if I’m just worrying too much let me know and I’ll just order the thing. It’s at a great price!

Corbins color is slightly off, not exact match. It’s close enough for me, but in the right lighting you can definitely see a difference. But most people don’t seem to notice unless I point it out to them. Think they changed their color for 2017, not indian. I know indian changed something about their leather earlier on, the 2014-15 were known to fade really quick and need a re dye. Pretty sure that change was 2015-16 though. Think corbins change was just to try and get a closer match. But since the backrest posted earlier is still from indian I wouldn’t be worried, should be a match.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts