Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone snap a photo of the point that the trunk light switch (on top half of trunk) makes contact on the bottom half to push in the switch and turn off the trunk light. I just had my whole latch assembly replaced by the dealer and it looks like some part(s) are missing and there is nothing in place now to make the light go out. I am just going from memory now but I am thinking there was some sort of rubber bumper there. Thanks 20190817_193231.jpg
20190817_193257.jpg

·
Registered
228 Posts
You are missing the rubber bumper next to the latch

0817191904[1].jpg

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Thanks, just as I suspected.
In the meantime, you can pull one of the connectors off the light to keep it off until you get the bumper replaced. If you look up at the light, you will see two wires that run into two white connectors. They are pushed on to a spade terminal. Firmly grasp the connector and pull it off the terminal.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the meantime, you can pull one of the connectors off the light to keep it off until you get the bumper replaced. If you look up at the light, you will see two wires that run into two white connectors. They are pushed on to a spade terminal. Firmly grasp the connector and pull it off the terminal.
Awesome, thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts