Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I will be doing a two week tour this year on our Roadmaster. It was planned for May, but may be pushed to September. Either way, we are working out storage options.

We'll definitely do our best to pack light and do laundry on the road. However, we will be in some warm temps and also climbing into mountains where it may be cool. So we'll have our rain gear, plus leathers (chaps, jackets). That alone could fill the trunk. That leaves a saddlebag for each of us, plus some tools, etc. We do have the Indian saddlebag liners, so it's easy to grab them for lodging at the end of the day.

So we're trying to decide whether to get a trunk bag. Honestly, I love the idea of going very minimal and not having one. We have spent 2 weeks in Europe with just a 22" roller each. But if we wanted a bit more storage, what trunk bag would you recommend?

I've looked at the Kuraykns and generally they look great. Functional, decent looking, and affordable. But the XKursion XS series are huge! 44L and 48L.

So...do you have a trunk bag that you think is awesome? Medium sized?

Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
I too am looking for a bag for the lid of my Roadmaster trunk and thinking about Viking Sport Tail Bag but I want to see one in person first to see if it fills the need.

Registered
I don鈥檛 know who makes a medium size but J&P or Dennis Kirk mite be worth a look. Myself and the Boss 鈥渨ife鈥 do 2 two week trips a summer. I use a Harley tourpak bag but it鈥檚 big. We do laundry every 5th or 6th day pack 5 changes apiece in it.

Rider
We use a dry bag that the top rolls to shut. You can get several days clothes for two in it. Got ours from revzilla. We put the rainsuits and a bike cover in a helmet bag and strap that to the rack on the top. The dry bag fits in the trunk, with a tiny bit to spare. Then have the saddle bags for anything else.

Registered
We use a dry bag that the top rolls to shut. You can get several days clothes for two in it. Got ours from revzilla. We put the rainsuits and a bike cover in a helmet bag and strap that to the rack on the top. The dry bag fits in the trunk, with a tiny bit to spare. Then have the saddle bags for anything else.
This is what I do.

Drag me down and let me burn forever!
2016 Chief DH Stage II
my wife got me this Saddlemen bag off facebook marketplace for like $50.

Below is a similar bag, but the new model.

Bronze member
Count me in as a proponent of the dry bag. I went to Alaska this summer and used a dry bag (40 liter size). Worked well and it had as much or more room as my soft-sided motorcycle luggage, which isn鈥檛 water proof (which most are not). You can get a dry bag on Amazon relatively cheap compared to buying a piece of motorcycle luggage.

Registered
Roll-top dry bags are great. I have one made by "Helen 2-Wheels" company that used to make motorcycle-specific dry bag luggage. Unfortunately, they are no longer in business.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts