Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at a store and parked away from the pumps. Coming back to my bike I noticed a lady (35ish) taking a pic of the bike from her car. I says to her, "Get closer you'll get a better picture, tell you what, give me your phone, stand by it". She says she didn't want to get me in trouble. I said it's your phone. As she's getting on the bike (she wanted a good pic) she says - ( This reminds me of when I used to model!) I'm snapping away, not a care in the world. Then she was off to Pilates Class.
I can't pull chicks anymore , but my Classic sure can.
I told my wife the story and as she turned to walk away, I heard her say - SURE.

·
Founding member
711 Posts
I was pumping gas into my old 2000 Gilroy Chief about 10 years ago, looking down into the gas tank so I wouldn't over fill when I heard a ladies voice say Hello coming from the car that had just pulled up close to me. Still looking down into the tank I said Hi back to her and then I heard her say "Now, that's a beautiful classic if I ever saw one." Still not looking up I answered back "Thanks, it's an Indian." Then she says "Nice bike 2." At this point I had to look up and I saw this lovely lady in her 30's with a big ol smile on her face. Of course I smiled back and I told her that I appreciated it, but I had to go home now. Made my day. I went home because I've learned from my past.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if any of our lady riders here on the Forum have had any experiences. I would think that a dude might be intimadated by seeing a woman throwing a heavy cruiser around!

·
Bronze member
3,719 Posts
I went riding out west to Broken Hill with CK (Chris) and her extraordinary bike over Easter. She was arranging an Indian event and meeting up with lots of people, but I was just along for the ride. People sometimes thought we belonged to each other but we weren't even staying at the same motel.

At one roadhouse coffee stop on the way home her bike gathered the normal bunch of people taking photos, but as she went to ride off her side stand got stuck in deep gravel and she had trouble leaning the bike over enough to clear it. I kicked the stand out for her so she could start up and get moving. One of the people watching said to me, 'She just can't do without you, can she?'

I laughed at the lady and said, 'I'll let her know you said that.' So further down the road when we stopped again I told Chris what the lady had said. Chris roared laughing and said, 'I'm sure most people out there thought we were married.'

I guess it's not the worse thing people have thought about either of us.

This is CK and her bike, so you can see why it draws a crowd.

upload_2019-5-3_9-59-3.png

·
Registered
972 Posts
Back in 1992, I was riding a red Suzuki Intruder 800 with drag pipes. I come rolling into the parking lot of some store. I 'm wearing a classic black leather moto jacket, jeans, German style helmet (it was in CA), goggles... Back then I was clean-shaven, wore a high-and-tight, and was in great physical shape. I put the stand down and stand up. This mom and little boy are walking by, to the store. I pull off my helmet and goggles, setting them on the seat. The little boy is now staring me up and down with his mouth hanging open, doing the rubber neck as they walk. I unzip my jacket not trying too hard to not check out momma, and the boy stops, pulls momma's hand, eyes wide, and says: "It's the Terminator"!

I tried real hard to look cool as I kept on walking. It was all I could do to not bust up laughing.
I was hoping to bump into them in the store. I didn't.

·
Bronze member
2,753 Posts
1st- Outside a grocery store puttin away everything in the saddle bags, feel a pat on the shoulder & a shaky meek voice says, " Is that an Indian young man?' Turn around & a petite older woman is standing behind smiling. Told her, "It sure is!" She goes on to tell me she use to ride an Indian with her late husband and would love to go for a ride. I told her to hop on, she gets red & actually attempts to swing a leg over, as she is about to mount up, her son comes running over most of been late 40's, screaming "Mom, you can't do that!" She yells back, "I'm 89 years old, I'll do whatever the hell I want!" Start laughing, but the son is begging/pleading with her not to. In the end she decided perhaps it best not to, so I told her if we meet again & your boy isn't around, you're welcome to a spin around town.

2nd- Come walking out of Target & I see about half a dozen Asians around my Springfield, as I get closer, notice one of them on the bike, having his picture taken. I scream from afar off, "Get off my bike!" They start moving back pretty fast, all of them a bit older 40-50yrs. Old, apologizing in the little English they spoke. Screamed back like I was yelling at my dog,"No, not okay, you don't do that!" Felt a bit bad I yelled at them so loudly but I was a bit overtaken seeing someone on my bike.

These Indians are gonna get ya some attention that is for sure.

·
Silver member
3,410 Posts
1st- Outside a grocery store puttin away everything in the saddle bags, feel a pat on the shoulder & a shaky meek voice says, " Is that an Indian young man?' Turn around & a petite older woman is standing behind smiling. Told her, "It sure is!" She goes on to tell me she use to ride an Indian with her late husband and would love to go for a ride. I told her to hop on, she gets red & actually attempts to swing a leg over, as she is about to mount up, her son comes running over most of been late 40's, screaming "Mom, you can't do that!" She yells back, "I'm 89 years old, I'll do whatever the hell I want!" Start laughing, but the son is begging/pleading with her not to. In the end she decided perhaps it best not to, so I told her if we meet again & your boy isn't around, you're welcome to a spin around town.

2nd- Come walking out of Target & I see about half a dozen Asians around my Springfield, as I get closer, notice one of them on the bike, having his picture taken. I scream from afar off, "Get off my bike!" They start moving back pretty fast, all of them a bit older 40-50yrs. Old, apologizing in the little English they spoke. Screamed back like I was yelling at my dog,"No, not okay, you don't do that!" Felt a bit bad I yelled at them so loudly but I was a bit overtaken seeing someone on my bike.

These Indians are gonna get ya some attention that is for sure.
I would have lost it to if I saw someone sitting on my bike; so don't feel bad about that. That was just ignorant of them.

Heck I gave my brother in-law crap one day when I caught him sitting on one of my bikes. He doesn't ride and I can see him doing something stupid like tipping it over.
Told him straight up; you never sit on another mans motorcycle; that's like sleeping with his lady.... And my lady is your sister you sick bastard... Haha...
He's never sat on one of my bikes again..lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, it happens to ladies too :)
Rode out to dinner with hubby. while we were at a light I look over at this car & see someone taking pictures of me on my Chieftain, but none of hubs on his Harley :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
We (the Mrs & myself) had been riding all morning in the pouring rain and decided to take a lunch break in hopes the rain may subside. Pulled into a greasy spoon somewhere in tiny town America. I'm not certain where or when since our road trips have been going on for 25 years ( actually surprised I can remember the tale).

We entered the humble establishment, exchanged the local pleasantries and took our seats. As we dined and dried out, two local middle aged woman stood to leave, nodding to us as they passed by.

They paid their bill, raised their umbrella, and arm in arm walked out the door, huddled under the one umbrella. From my position I could see them clearly through the front window. They walked directly towards our ride. They stopped, standing right beside the bike, both chatting away and gesturing to the scoot.

I thought to myself, these two ladies do not appear to be the biker type, or would have any interest in motorcycles themselves, how odd. Joy spun around to take a peek as the ladies stood in the pouring rain looking at bike, one fumbling around in her purse. They soon moved on, getting in their car and driving away.

We finished our meal, slapped the rain gear back on since Mother Nature was not going to give us a break and headed out the door. As we neared the bike, sitting proudly in my seat, was a bright shiny penny.

A good luck penny, how appropriate. The charm of small towns and the folks who reside in them.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back in 1992, I was riding a red Suzuki Intruder 800 with drag pipes. I come rolling into the parking lot of some store. I 'm wearing a classic black leather moto jacket, jeans, German style helmet (it was in CA), goggles... Back then I was clean-shaven, wore a high-and-tight, and was in great physical shape. I put the stand down and stand up. This mom and little boy are walking by, to the store. I pull off my helmet and goggles, setting them on the seat. The little boy is now staring me up and down with his mouth hanging open, doing the rubber neck as they walk. I unzip my jacket not trying too hard to not check out momma, and the boy stops, pulls momma's hand, eyes wide, and says: "It's the Terminator"!

I tried real hard to look cool as I kept on walking. It was all I could do to not bust up laughing.
I was hoping to bump into them in the store. I didn't.
You left a lifetime memory for that boy to enjoy. Cuz in his mind you really were the Terminator! Lol.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've had more than a few "That sure is a pretty bike" episodes.

One happened just a few weeks ago. I was looking for a reason to ride anywhere and took a grocery run after dark to pick up a few things. Our newest local Kroger now features a Beer and Wine bar and has become a popular gathering spot. While I wasn't partaking that night I guess a few others were.

As I came out carrying a couple of bags and my helmet I see two women and three men taking pictures of my bike. After one of the guys looks up and announces "Here he comes," the women were the first to gush about how pretty the bike was and also gush enough information that I could quickly ascertain they had spent some time at the beer counter. One lady didn't know a thing about bikes and as she touched my tank, I told her that was not appropriate. Her husband then scolded her, "Yeah, you just never touch someone's bike!" Obviously he had seen an episode of Son's of Anarchy.

The other lady had a different take. She was remembering riding behind her father on a 1948 Indian in Hawaii where they were stationed. He was a pilot. So when I said would you like a ride, her eyes lit up. We traveled around the parking lot with her husband taking pictures and she told me about how she wished her brother had been there to see it.
Good stuff.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Went for a Sunday ride thru the mountains with a return leg on Interstate 5 north of L.A. on the vintage. Stopped at a McDonalds off the interstate and went inside for a short break. Walked out to the bike and a black suv pulled in and parked next to me. The doors open and five full dress black robed nuns get out. All five crowd around talking a mile a minute stroking the leather on the seat and bags, taking pictures next to the bike, and asking a million questions. "Did you do the leather work", one young nun asks, rubbing up on the leather seat and grabbing the bar. I was tempted to say yes and bask in the glow of their admiration, but something told me it's not a good idea to fib to these ladies.

A while later we said goodbye and I got on the interstate for the ride home. Had a grin on my face all the way.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For some reason my bike seems to get the attention of the older ladies. Yesterday I was riding, and I noticed that a car had sped up to get beside me. There were two ladies in the car. The lady driving was maybe 70 and the other lady was in her 90s. I'm guessing the older lady told her daughter to stay beside me so she could check out the bike. I looked over and the older lady gave me the thumbs up! Lol! Must have brought back memories.

·
Founding member
711 Posts
I live very close to the beaches just south of Sarasota, so one day the wife and I rode to a local bar restaurant on the water in Spanish Point. Now, there's a lot of older people that live in Sarasota (their parents live in Venice) and as the wife and I had finished our lunch we started walking back toward our bike. When we got there I saw 3 older couples standing by my bike, talking. As the wife and I approached when asked I said yes, we owned the bike.

Well, the oldest couple were going wild over the bike and the gentleman explained to me that when WWII had ended and most of the Marines came home from the Pacific he married his wife who was there at his side. The 1st vehicle he purchase as their sole transportation was a 2nd hand Indian which they used to ride everywhere. My Indian had brought back so many memories they both said. The man said they sometimes still talked about their Indian and all the fun they had.

I told the old Marine to go ahead and sit on my bike, he said really (he knew the code). When I told him Yes, Please, he didn't hesitate and his friends helped him onto my bike. As I watched the tears streaming down his face my eyes and those of my wife were becoming wet as well. I offered to help his wife sit up behind him but she told me she was just to stiff anymore to get on the bike.

After many profound thank you's the 3 couples left, but not before I started up the bike to 6 big grins and smiles. As we left and rode down the road my wife told me that I really had a big heart, and I answered now you know, but don't tell anybody.

·
Bronze member
3,719 Posts
Walked out to the bike and a black suv pulled in and parked next to me. The doors open and five full dress black robed nuns get out.
The lady driving was maybe 70 and the other lady was in her 90s.
Hmm, Indian bikes attract nuns (at least they were in a mafia staff car) and 70 to 90 year old women. I'm beginning to wonder if I bought the wrong bike. :)

Two great stories there, guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I stopped at a store and parked away from the pumps. Coming back to my bike I noticed a lady (35ish) taking a pic of the bike from her car. I says to her, "Get closer you'll get a better picture, tell you what, give me your phone, stand by it". She says she didn't want to get me in trouble. I said it's your phone. As she's getting on the bike (she wanted a good pic) she says - ( This reminds me of when I used to model!) I'm snapping away, not a care in the world. Then she was off to Pilates Class.
I can't pull chicks anymore , but my Classic sure can.
I told my wife the story and as she turned to walk away, I heard her say - SURE.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts