Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This beauty had the 2-to-1 Indian exhaust which sounds great, the air intake, the mini-ape bars (great for short people).
This sticker price was $15,354
No prob so far.... but after trying everything I could their "best deal" was $19,500.
The $1000 was 250 helmet, 330 jacket, 50 gloves, 250 seat. They are trying to screw me over even on merch. This honestly has turned me off so much that I may give up on Indian all-together. If they screw me over at every chance they can then I surely cannot trust their shop for maintenance. Check out them fees!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Amazing the fees they dropped on to that bike but I expect the add ons contributed far too much to that starting price. Seriously the top end bobber paint job is 12,899 and they want 15,354 with just a few additions?

I would never look at that dealer again.

·
Registered
99 chief , 18 roadmaster, 07 roadking, 15 softail
73 Posts
Yeah that seems crazy high for a scout to go up that much from sticker.
I went in looking at 18-20k cruisers and the wife picked a 31k roadmaster for me lol. I got the bike for 25k out the door plus they gave me 30% off any accessories that week and 20% lifetime discount on parts and accessories. I've been real happy with my dealer here in Jackson Michigan. But I think I'm lucky to have 2 indian dealers within 40 miles of each other because they are in competition.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't use that dealer. I bought a 2020 Bobber matte black. I had the dealer put on mini apes, upgraded rear suspension, passenger seat/sissy bar, passenger foot pegs and extended reach foot controls. Cost me 15k out the door after tax, freight, labor etc. I think you need to go somewhere else.

·
German Rider
1,366 Posts
Just bought a 2020 Scout ICON here in germany. Total was 14.200 Euro out the door, including the Indian LED headlamp. So, that is about 16.720 US Dollar today.

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: TerryJ

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yup too much. I won't go to the dealer I bought my bike from again either. I did get an abs bike for the price of a regular one though. haha. I got them over a barrel.

·
Bronze member
3,209 Posts
nope... 500 less than I paid for my 18 Limited out the door... I realize Scouts are in demand but that is just plain robbery... and for your personnel attire never ever go with Indian brand if you want to save money.. if you don't care then you can't complain about the price and add it in to the price of the bike...
and what's the difference between dealer set-up and preparation fee?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. I got actually an addition to the sticker price of the merch. First turnoff. Haha

The sticker price is that because it has the factory Indian 2-into-1 pipes, air kit, mini-ape handlebars, and decor nuts. Those are the "factory" prices of each item and labor. It is listed on the bike there and I verified on indian website. I was going to add each of these anyways. Being a short guy the stance is way too aggressive on stock handlebars. The top pipe also is dangerously close to my right leg and the 2-to-1 completely eliminates that threat. Such a beauty and is perfect for me but just not meant to be.

It is the fact that my merch cost more (sticker price of 880) than normal buying (charged 1,000) and those 3 fees that killed me. They acted like they were doing me a favor dropping the price to $19,500.01. I am emailing him and telling him I am waiting for the 2021 Honda Rebel 1100. This turned me away from Indian so I no longer even consider buying a Scout just from this experience. The sad thing is the Honda place here in Vegas is terrible too. Just not a biker family atmosphere out here in Vegas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I wouldn't use that dealer. I bought a 2020 Bobber matte black. I had the dealer put on mini apes, upgraded rear suspension, passenger seat/sissy bar, passenger foot pegs and extended reach foot controls. Cost me 15k out the door after tax, freight, labor etc. I think you need to go somewhere else.
TVegas. Thanks buddy for the input. Being the ONLY indian bike place within 200+ miles I am just giving up on the Scout. I was excited to break away from the standard intro cruisers of Honda but I guess I will remain bikeless due to the market not having a 1000cc or bigger engine on a short person friendly bike. Just another way life laughs at us shorter men. Really pees me off to be honest.

·
Silver member
4,922 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
This beauty had the 2-to-1 Indian exhaust which sounds great, the air intake, the mini-ape bars (great for short people).
This sticker price was $15,354
No prob so far.... but after trying everything I could their "best deal" was $19,500.
The $1000 was 250 helmet, 330 jacket, 50 gloves, 250 seat. They are trying to screw me over even on merch. This honestly has turned me off so much that I may give up on Indian all-together. If they screw me over at every chance they can then I surely cannot trust their shop for maintenance. Check out them fees!!
View attachment 604917
I work at a dealer in Florida. We charge what the manufacturer charges for freight which is $450, $349 for prep, and $398 doc. Then tax. Those fees are crazy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I found an 18 Cheiftain Limited 3 hours away. Got 5k off MSRP as it was new old stock (untitled on the floor in Aug 2019). Drove down with a friend and rode it home. I would have also had a bike shipped to me for the right deal. Sometimes you have to look further than you usually would for a car to find the right deal on a bike. With that being said, find another dealer.

·
Registered
337 Posts
imotorsportsinc dot com ships bikes for free. I bought my FTR from there as their Orlando locations is also my local Indian dealer. Granted I was local and was able to go to their Indian showroom and pick up my bike, but they said the fees are no different if you were to buy online. If you really want, they also have a program where they'll pay for your one way air to their Ohio location and you can road trip the bike back home yourself. They even plan the route out for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imotorsportsinc dot com ships bikes for free. I bought my FTR from there as their Orlando locations is also my local Indian dealer. Granted I was local and was able to go to their Indian showroom and pick up my bike, but they said the fees are no different if you were to buy online. If you really want, they also have a program where they'll pay for your one way air to their Ohio location and you can road trip the bike back home yourself. They even plan the route out for you.
Wow. I want service like this! I called the next state over and he is pricing my 2020 Scout bobber (the blue) with the same pipes, air intake, and bars as other one. Manager of this store told me he would pick me up from airport. Some dealers are just awesome. I cannot wait to see his final price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I work at a dealer in Florida. We charge what the manufacturer charges for freight which is $450, $349 for prep, and $398 doc. Then tax. Those fees are crazy.
I agree buddy. Manager texted me this morning and said that the 19,000 price I tried for should be able to happen. Haha. That was what I asked for yesterday before I found you guys....my distant biker family. Now I know even the $19k is a joke.

·
Registered
212 Posts
TVegas. Thanks buddy for the input. Being the ONLY indian bike place within 200+ miles I am just giving up on the Scout. I was excited to break away from the standard intro cruisers of Honda but I guess I will remain bikeless due to the market not having a 1000cc or bigger engine on a short person friendly bike. Just another way life laughs at us shorter men. Really pees me off to be honest.
are you dead set on a bobber? The regular scout is nice and in my opinion the stock bars and seat are fine for smaller people. I picked up a new 2019 non abs this year for less than 13k out the door delivers to my house. I figure if the regular scout appeals to you it may open up some options.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree with the suggestion of Imotorsports. I traded in my 2016 Scout for a 2020 Springfield DH. Got a great price for trade in and 3k off MSRP on the DH. They even picked up my Scout in CA to be delivered to Florida as I had to relocate for work. Shipping on both included for free. Whole process no hassle and honest. Might save you a trip (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
are you dead set on a bobber? The regular scout is nice and in my opinion the stock bars and seat are fine for smaller people. I picked up a new 2019 non abs this year for less than 13k out the door delivers to my house. I figure if the regular scout appeals to you it may open up some options.
I am not deadset on the bobber. I just want the 6 speed transmission, the 2-into-1 pipes, and would still have to have the mini apes (which i think comes standard on one model but may be the Scout 60). I sat on one and to be really comfy i need those mini ape bars. It truly sucks being my height as there are currently only 3 bikes on the market I can fit on...the Honda 750 phantom, Kawi 900 Vulcan, and Indian Scout. Only one of those has a good size engine haha. That compression ratio and buying 91 octane is a slight negative but hope its worth it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts