Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So put RB 2 into1 on my 116 question is will this give more Hp & tq than a true duel? Who has some knowledge on this I was always told 2-1 is better, need some answers

·
Bronze member
1,623 Posts
Unless the true duals are of equal length (many are NOT) there is the good chance performance will suffer. There are definitive answers unless unless back to back dyno testing is done.

RACNRAY

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
2 into 1 usually gives more power simply because the pressures are balanced. A true dual can be better if it can provide the same flow and pressure on both cylinders. Tuning and the mufflers have an affect. Sound is usually of great importance so true duals might sound better. It is difficult to bend the front header and rear header in a way that the air flow is equal. Generally it is not worth spending money on true duals for a bike in my opinion. Some will disagree. Maybe a tuner like Craig Bennett has found dual headers that allow a better tune. I sell a number of brands of pipes and the manufactures have told me that their 2 into 1 pipes are almost alway better. Again, someone like Craig might know of a set up that is better. If so, you would want to work with him or someone that can get the right tune for you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I’m not a true duel fan, just for the fact that I want the power instead of the duel exhaust look

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
12 degrees. Sorry man. It hit mid 80's here in south Georgia. I never have time to ride lately but I had to hit today. Too beautiful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts