Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my duals are scraping in right turns. Anybody else have this. It doesn't feel like I'm cornering all that hard.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Belgian rider
555 Posts
verbaasd.jpg
It's not a sportsbike after all you know, but You can go through the bend with the RM pretty quickly with the OEM pipes, I can assure you (follow me). Don't know if your probem is common with Duals. I don't think this is really the intention when replacing the original pipes with Duals. I am also curious about what will come up on this topic on this forum. Good luck!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have had issues with oem exhaust scraping on my right pipe too. I’ve never had this issue on any bike I’ve owned other than Indian. I contacted my dealer and they said it’s a common problem and complaint. It’s the only thing I can say I’m not impressed with so far.

·
Bronze member
4,321 Posts
I have had issues with oem exhaust scraping on my right pipe too. I’ve never had this issue on any bike I’ve owned other than Indian. I contacted my dealer and they said it’s a common problem and complaint. It’s the only thing I can say I’m not impressed with so far.

What year bike

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Do your pipes sit closer to the ground than OEM? My Springfield sometimes scrapes in hard cornering but it's the underside of the footboard mount that hits first.

I'd join the other voices and say pump it up a bit and see how it goes.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I had a low shock and got my stage 1s in a low spot on the road. I have TABs on it now, same sizes as the stage 1s. Shock pumped all the way up. I like to lean it and I haven't had any issues. Good suspension, +15 years newer than what I had. Good ride, like riding the couch down the highway!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi guys, my duals are scraping in right turns. Anybody else have this. It doesn't feel like I'm cornering all that hard.

My shock was at 30 psi. I put it at 100 and that seems to have solved the issue. 250 miles in the black hills today and no issues in the corners. It rides a lot better overall.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
My shock was at 30 psi. I put it at 100 and that seems to have solved the issue. 250 miles in the black hills today and no issues in the corners. It rides a lot better overall.

Hey I got another one right! Yahtzee!

Reactions: Lord Bard Prime

·
Belgian rider
555 Posts

Pump up the Lady and She will fly through the bends like an Eagle.👊
eagle.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts