Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I am bummed. Had an appt on June 22nd with FM to install S3 cams, jackpot, and custom tune by Jamie. Was informed last night that the tech they had that did Indian cams left and took his specialized tools with him, and the guy they hired to replace has never done an Indian, and FM doesn't have the right tool, anyway. So my trip is cancelled. I appreciate FM being upfront and not using me as a guinea pig, but they should have told me sooner. I may can the whole project and put the cams, cam bolts, iridium plugs, and cam cover gasket up for sale as a kit. Hell of a year......

·
Banned
4,926 Posts
Local (50ish miles off) dealer here has been jerking me around for better than a month now re; the install of my stage 2 cams. In a nut shell.... been real busy and supposedly hiring another mechanic. It is discouraging.

·
Bronze member
2,244 Posts
Well, I am bummed. Had an appt on June 22nd with FM to install S3 cams, jackpot, and custom tune by Jamie. Was informed last night that the tech they had that did Indian cams left and took his specialized tools with him, and the guy they hired to replace has never done an Indian, and FM doesn't have the right tool, anyway. So my trip is cancelled. I appreciate FM being upfront and not using me as a guinea pig, but they should have told me sooner. I may can the whole project and put the cams, cam bolts, iridium plugs, and cam cover gasket up for sale as a kit. Hell of a year......
oopsy ... sad ... but fixable.
any dealer who does S2 cam installs potentially can drop any other cams into your TS111!
~3 hour job tops!
And you don't need/want a OE Indian digital wrench flash anyway ...

heck ... after watching my local dealer tech putting the S2 cams in and then the 585s a year later I would be able to do it myself in half a day (if I had the cam tool, several aftermarket sets meanwhile available!)...
Craig has a good video on the tube:

but there are several others as well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts