Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2017 Roadmaster with 1700 miles. It is in perfect condition. Always parked inside. With what do I treat that TAN seat? Is it possible to keep the threads white? I bought the Indian leather care kit. After reading some comments on line, it would seem that kit is made to restore leather color? What are people using to protect new seats?

·
Bronze member
2,711 Posts
To keep the stitching white, you can only use conditioner, cleaner, etc. that’s clear or white. The leather is bonded, so it’s got a synthetic top layer bonded to the leather. After a while, you’ll see wear marks on your seat. This is where you’ve worn thru the synthetic top layer and exposed the leather underneath. At that point, youll have to use some type dye to color in those wear points and it’ll be hard to keep it off the stitching.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Beautiful bike, by the way. My favorite Indian combination.

·
Silver member
4,936 Posts
I have a 2015 Vintage with what I'm sure is the bonded leather (unfortuneatly :rolleyes: ). There was a small abrasion on the seat about 5/8" long and 1/2" wide (sorry... give or take about 16mm x 3mm LOL). I just used a little brown shoe polish on the mark and now I can't even see where the mark was. So if an abrasion or whatever is minor a l'il brown shoe polish should work.

·
Registered
329 Posts
sorry, I know nothing about leather care but I love your bike!

·
Rider
1,113 Posts
Any good leather conditioner should work, same stuff you would use on your riding leathers, boots, or leather car/truck interior.

Bickmore makes an outstanding leather conditioner. (Bick 4)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts