Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m gona be riding my bike from California, all the way to Stillwater Minnesota this coming August 2021 for Indian motorcycle bike week. I plan on doing an average about 400 miles a day, for the exception of the one day I’ll be doing the iron butt challenge (1,000 miles in less than 24 hrs). I want to make this ride a very unique one. Living off my bike for almost a month. On the way back I will be traveling a different route. If anyone wants to do some serious riding let me know, we got 9 months to plan ahead, plus this year they are trying to gather 3500 Indian motorcycles to break the world record

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I’m gona be riding my bike from California, all the way to Stillwater Minnesota this coming August 2021 for Indian motorcycle bike week. I plan on doing an average about 400 miles a day, for the exception of the one day I’ll be doing the iron butt challenge (1,000 miles in less than 24 hrs). I want to make this ride a very unique one. Living off my bike for almost a month. On the way back I will be traveling a different route. If anyone wants to do some serious riding let me know, we got 9 months to plan ahead, plus this year they are trying to gather 3500 Indian motorcycles to break the world record
Sounds fun. I am in Seattle. That makes it tough to ride together. Plus, I am in my mid sixties. I might be challenged with your proposed agenda although it does sound fun. See you there maybe!

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's your route heading east? What part of Cali are you leaving from? I'm in Seattle too, but may be able to meet up along the way. It's not uncommon for me to camp off the bike.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's your route heading east? What part of Cali are you leaving from? I'm in Seattle too, but may be able to meet up along the way. It's not uncommon for me to camp off the bike.
Im gona be leaving from Santa Bárbara California. My route ain’t set yet, not sure if I’ll be traveling northern states first (make my way up to Oregon, then head towards Idaho) or if I’ll hit the southern states, and then do northern states. I’m waiting on wheels through time museum to know what their schedule will be like for next year. Either way let’s keep in touch

·
Registered
82 Posts
Leaving out of Petoskey Michigan as what will probably be the last leg for us before we go home. Like last year only not as long. Go to see us at “Willow Rides Forever” on Facebook

·
Bronze member
1,224 Posts
HEY Sal Yes, im very interested in doing this, with my chief s/c rig which would probably slow you down. But be fun to loosely meet up if our routes and gas stations cross etc. Hare and turtle. just want to ride over and get "the t shirt", mosey about get some photos of this great event and turn around.
---
few notes i plan to book into a pre ride service oil change and check up at Hollister Power Sports as a real start point then take a familiar I 80 east ward route. I aim to average 300 to 400 miles a day. I cover distance when im fresh the first 3 days, then kick back one day to 300 miles then next gfi. Could barely walk after. i keep route flexible, after learnt a bad Storm pounded me one day i only lasted 3 hours on the deluge freeway and 6 saturated pairs gloves later, visibility from spray mist and continued passing truck blast, was not very safe. Looked at the big picture so...bit knew i was beat for the day Crept into a hotel to dry out and recouperate binge eat lol. Plenty of daytime sunlight that time of year. I like to kickstand up / set off 6 am each day ride until 6 - 8pm and hotel before dark and dine. quick coffee for breakfast get on the road before trucks and GET HOTEL EAST (west on return) of cities avoids city rush hours, brunch at 1030am-11am avoids crowds at diners. Snack at 3pm, eating at gas station fast food located diners. remember to account for the time zone difference. * Mountain and Eastern, never really sure where those actual change points were. Plenty hotels. never booked on my 2 big rides east, Sturgis and NH - Atlantic Ocean. Return route go to nearest Indian dealer change pusher tire for return ride, oil change and check for safety etc, get airmed insurance on top of progressive a good idea,

·
Registered
18 Posts
If anyone is travelling around the southern tip of Lake Michigan, I live near Maxim Powersports Indian dealer. It's very close to 80/94 and I65. Rush Racing Products is also just down the street from them.

·
Bronze member
1,224 Posts
Was looking at the event details a bit more today and mapquest, limited time off work. will make that comfortably in 4-5 days I-80 Rapid City, Spirit Lake ,Stillwater etc. Was last at Sturgis, # 75 on a ural 2014 efi . Then passed thru 2018 on my trans usa ride. Will peek in at Sturgis 80 and get to the Indian count up saturday 9am -midday. ( Celebrity photo session sounds cool.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts