Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congress may pass a law that if you buy an Indian Challenger you must travel across the US at least once. Congress is pretty busy so I will let you know if this happens. Meanwhile, you can buy a travel trunk for the Challenger if you wish to hit the road without a Congressional mandate. Thunder Works is offering two sizes and two colors of these new trunks. They are quick release and only take seconds to install or remove. The gloss black color works well with any of the colors of Challengers since they have gloss black accents on the sides of the bags and the entire tail light assembly. If you buy the Dark Horse version, you are in luck, we also offer a matte black version that goes great with the Dark Horse Challenger. The prices range from $1200 to $1700. You can wait until Indian comes out with their version and pay a little more (like $3500 or so). These and many more items are available at www.IndianAftermarket.com
LINK: https://www.indianaftermarket.com/challenger-tour-trunks.html

·
Bronze member
1,257 Posts
Excess Harley Davidson parts floating around? Don’t take this personal but I think the genuine Indian Motorcycle unit will look better, although it might cost substantially more a $10 haircut looks like a $10 haircut.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I think the smaller matte black one with the sharp angles better matches the look of the Challenger then the one that looks like a Harley Davidson king tour pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Rider
974 Posts
Is the lock on the matte one just a prototype or that's the final edition? Looks like something from home depot screwed onto the box.

·
Registered
187 Posts
"I think the smaller matte black one with the sharp angles better matches the look of the Challenger then the one that looks like a Harley Davidson king tour pack."

Of course you would think that unless you've got a spare Harley TP laying around and just need the mounting rack. Besides, they don't look bad on a Polaris.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Excess Harley Davidson parts floating around? Don’t take this personal but I think the genuine Indian Motorcycle unit will look better, although it might cost substantially more a $10 haircut looks like a $10 haircut.
Yepper, and it is not an HD part. Rather, some Chinese knock off you can find on Ebay for cheap.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Good luck finding a quick release trunk that fits the Challenger on EBAY. Why don't you guys go ride your bike and look for something good to do.
Sorry, did not see you were a vendor. So are you passing information or advertising a product? I was referring to the trunk itself not the attaching bracket, Others have used the Indian quick detach bracket from the touring models bikes. Gonna go ride in an hour, thanx.

·
Bronze member
1,914 Posts
Yea, but if you don't like your haircut the hair will grow back and you can cut it again. If you're willing to pay 2x-3x as much for something made out of the same ABS plastic with the Indian name stamped on it that's fine. I put functionality and price first.JMHO

Reactions: Marcus

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the Indian trunks on the RoadMaster look a little better than mine. BUT, they are several times more heavy and not easy to take on and off. My large trunk has a lot more space, about 25%. And we are talking less than 1/2 the price. So you nego types can criticize if you like but this is a good offering.

·
Rider
1,084 Posts
Some of you guys really piss me off. If you don’t like the product, move on. If you have a constructive suggestion, let Marcus know. The man works hard to bring quality products to the Indian aftermarket, at one third or half the cost of the OEM parts. There are those that always bitching about not enough aftermarket parts for Indian. Marcus has designed and produced parts that work well and are affordable. Some are pricey, but oh well, don’t buy them. Go make your own f##king parts and see how well you can do. Marcus, keep up the good work and don’t pay attention to some of these assholes. I think you’re effort for Indian accessories is outstanding.

·
Bronze member
1,257 Posts
Freedom of speech. I’m sure some folks will buy your product and others will probably ask for open opinions here in the forum. Those opinions will vary from the price is right to buyer beware. Really no need to have people think you’re thin skinned and unable to stand the pressure of business. Just out of curiosity what is the country of origin on all of those products? No harm no foul just a answer to a question.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts