Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,877 Posts
For one thing he is in Australia, not the U.S.A.. They could've very well closed their State borders for all we know.

·
Registered
283 Posts
All our state boarders are closed except between Victoria and New South Wales, on the east coast of Australia, you can cross a boarder but you have to have a good excuse to cross a boarder and in most cases isolate yourself for 14 days.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Two days ago texas governor closed border between texas and Louisiana. Trump imposed a shutdown at the Mexico and Canadian border against all non essential travel. I found articles using google on my phone quite easily. Mainly because I knew they existed from watching the news. There may be others that are more local news to others. Here in texas these are the ones I have heard about. I read mexico has a low infection rate. So the closing appears to be an effort to keep the U.S. from infecting it's neighbors, not the other way around. On the other hand louisianna is the new hot spot and that border crossing seems to be an action to slow the spead from there.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is about last night's interview with the president Trump

·
2,351 Posts
When this is all over....

Everyone get out and get working on that "bucket list" of yours. Do everything you ever wanted to do. Live life. Live it good. Get your money's worth out of what ya got left.

Then you won't feel so ripped-off by life if the next plague comes and takes you out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 68, and in good health. But I'm not riding anywhere for the forseeable future...

BTW, Graham County, NC has closed its borders to non-residents. You must have a county-issued permit to get thru the check points. US 129, the "Dragon's Tail", is closed. The Cherohala Skyway, from Tellico Plains, TN, to Robbinsville, NC, is closed.

Just a few examples of what may already be widespread road closures. Anyone attempting nonessential travel at the current time may encounter significant unforseen obstacles.

Stay at home, folks, and stay safe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Founding member
1,922 Posts
When this is all over....

Everyone get out and get working on that "bucket list" of yours. Do everything you ever wanted to do. Live life. Live it good. Get your money's worth out of what ya got left.

Then you won't feel so ripped-off by life if the next plague comes and takes you out.
Yeah do this, because screw everyone else. It's all about you. Who cares if you get it, don't know it, and spread it to others where ever you go and what ever you touch. Or worse, you have to go into a hospital and take up precious medical resources that could have been directed to someone else like a fireman or policeman who had to respond to an emergency and caught it just doing his/her job.

Self-centered and spoiled ....

·
2,351 Posts
Yeah do this, because screw everyone else. It's all about you. Who cares if you get it, don't know it, and spread it to others where ever you go and what ever you touch. Or worse, you have to go into a hospital and take up precious medical resources that could have been directed to someone else like a fireman or policeman who had to respond to an emergency and caught it just doing his/her job.

What the "F" are you talking about? Did you actually READ my post? I said
"When this is all over...".

·
Founding member
1,922 Posts
What the "F" are you talking about? Did you actually READ my post? I said
"When this is all over...".
My apologies ... I missed that first line. There are others that are taking that position today and they really pi** me off. Sorry for my response.

·
Rider
791 Posts

I believe Mikehell started his post with “When this is all over . . . ” I didn’t get the impression he was advocating to do that now.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I haven't been out yet for my first ride of the year and I'm really thinking of not going on one for a while yet. I'm in lower Michigan and it's pretty serious here. Our state is now at the third highest case rate in the nation. It has really taken off here. My wife and I just got back here 2 weeks ago from Arizona and travel was getting weird at that time and things have really accelerated since then. This is NOT just another flu, it's not a Democratic hoax, it's the real deal. I'm in good health, but I'm also 66 years old and I'm going to use my noggin on this one. I think I'll just stay put for a bit. Stay healthy guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
...even a wolf needs to eat and drink, but if anyplace worthwhile is closed, what’s the sense? I’m not going to spend money on a cross country trip dining in the parking lot of a McDonalds every day.
You should still be able to get food, but you will be eating it in the parking lot, prolly out of styrofoam or some earth friendly cardboard.

·
2,351 Posts
My apologies ... I missed that first line. There are others that are taking that position today and they really pi** me off. Sorry for my response.
Thanks for the apology.

My point is that this virus bullshit is showing how damn scared everyone is of dying. Get yourself to a point where you'll be ok with it

I'll explain it like this....

Imagine going to Disneyland as a kid with your family. Worst part of the whole thing is when it's time to go home, and there's those two rides you didn't get to go on. Going home sucks. But, if you were able to go on every ride at least once, seen all the shows, ate all the candy, going home won't be such a big deal.

·
3,877 Posts
Well FDR said this long ago during the Great Depression but it still rings true. " The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Panicking and over-reacting will only make things worse than they already are. True this virus is like a global tsunami in death toll, human suffering and loss of work whatever but we have to keep our wits about us in order to weather this storm.

·
Founding member
1,922 Posts
I don't think I would say that I am worried/afraid/panicking about the situation. I am also not really upset with the 'stay at home' orders since they're the right way to fight the problem. I am concerned/angry that the failure of some will extend and increase the problem for all the rest of us. We see plenty of examples in the news (large churches continuing to hold services in hot spot areas, kids partying on the beaches, birthday parties).

I also see our fellow riders sharing ways to "beat the restrictions" on other threads. I know some are joking, but others are likely very serious about it. If your state/city doesn't prohibit riding, then by all means go for it. But thinking you know better than those responsible for public safety and intentionally disobeying the orders is irresponsible.

You may think that your rides puts no one at risk and you may be taking appropriate precautions (gloves when pumping gas, staying away from fellow riders, etc.), but the problem is others (probably younger riders) see you out and riding and think - others are doing it, I'm also going out even though it's against the current directives. They aren't as safe ... touch things when they stop, get with others - hang out at a park somewhere and don't distance themselves, pick up things while riding and unknowingly bring the virus back home to their parents (or kids).

Set a good example ... do the right thing. Don't be "that guy/gal".

121 - 138 of 138 Posts